H1B transfer - when safe to join?

rahulgup

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I got my first H1B (previously on H4) through company A starting Oct 2006 and am working with them. Company B recently applied for my H1 transfer.

When is it safe to join B? Should I wait for receipt notice OR is it safer to wait to join B until I get my approval notice (via premium processing)? If I join B now and visa transfer gets denied, what will be my status? Please help me as I need to make decision by next week.

Thanks,
RT

The safest is joining after approval.
The 2nd safest is joining after receipt notice.
The risky is joining before receipt notice, which is not recommended.

If your transfer got denied after you move to new employer, you fall into status violation.

Hi,
I got my first H1B (previously on H4) through company A starting Oct 2006 and am working with them. Company B recently applied for my H1 transfer.

When is it safe to join B? Should I wait for receipt notice OR is it safer to wait to join B until I get my approval notice (via premium processing)? If I join B now and visa transfer gets denied, what will be my status? Please help me as I need to make decision by next week.

Thanks,
RT

Hi Rahul,

Can you please let me know if you applied for H1 transfer through premium processing and the service center? How long did it take for you to get approval and the receipt number? When did you join company B?

Thanks!
Shenoma