H1B Transfer to TARP Bank.

vol-ga-abhishek

State Volunteer
Hello,

I am currently working as a Software Engineer for an Atlanta based company. I have a valid H1B until 01/28/2012 and a valid EAD until 08/18/2010. My EAD is tied to my current Software Engineering job description.

I am also pursing an MBA degree and recently received an interview request from a major Wall Street Investment bank. The bank is a recipient of TARP funds. In view of the recent hiring restrictions placed on banks receiving TARP funds, I would like to know:

1. If I were to receive an offer, would I be allowed to work for the bank based on my EAD?
2. If not, could I transfer my H1B to the bank and what is the time frame involved?
3. If I were to transfer my H1B, what would happen to my current EAD and GC application?

I need to respond to my interviewer at the earliest to confirm the interview spot, and so would greatly appreciate your prompt response. Please feel free to contact me on my cell phone: 678-575-6610.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Best Regards,

- Abhishek.

Hello,

I am currently working as a Software Engineer for an Atlanta based company. I have a valid H1B until 01/28/2012 and a valid EAD until 08/18/2010.

My EAD is tied to my current Software Engineering job description.
-----------------------Your EAD is based on your pending I-485.

I am also pursing an MBA degree and recently received an interview request from a major Wall Street Investment bank. The bank is a recipient of TARP funds. In view of the recent hiring restrictions placed on banks receiving TARP funds, I would like to know:

1. If I were to receive an offer, would I be allowed to work for the bank based on my EAD?
-----------------------you can join with EAD or with H1 transfer (H1 transfer is better option).

2. If not, could I transfer my H1B to the bank and what is the time frame involved?
---------------------------bank need to file H1 transfer and once get H1 transfer filing reciept you can join the bank.

3. If I were to transfer my H1B, what would happen to my current EAD and GC application?
--------------------------- you did not post your PD. I-140 approved or not. I-485 pending more than 180 days or not. if I-140 is approved and I-485 pending is more than 180 days then you are eligible for AC21 but your new employer need to give you same/similar job duties Permanent job offer letter so that you can invoke AC21 with pending I-485.If your job duties are not as on your LC then your I-485 can be rejected. For more info you need to read AC21 Memo or talk to your lawyer.

I need to respond to my interviewer at the earliest to confirm the interview spot, and so would greatly appreciate your prompt response. Please feel free to contact me on my cell phone: 678-575-6610.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Best Regards,

- Abhishek.

------------------