H1B transfer starting date? Please help.

huimeizheng

Registered Users (C)
My current H1B expires on October next year. I want to transfer to a new company and this new company already applied a new H1B for me. My new
H1B starts on Oct. 5, 2007. Right now I am still working for my current company.

If I want to start to work for the new company on Nov. 2007, is that OK?

How long can I still work for my current company?

What is the latest date that I must work for my new company under my new H1B approval?

Thank you very much.

Never came across this situation, but I would ask my new employer to file an amendment with a new start date. Generally, after October 5, the H-1B will be transferred to the new employer.

One can work for 2 companies or more simultaneously. But should have a valid H1B visa for all the companies.

You are safe to join this company in Nov.

Multiple H1s

Hi,

Sorry for jumping here. In the same situation my old employer has a signed contract from me which requires
some one month notice before leaving in addition of this that i can not work for any other employer. What is the validity of such contract document. Can this impact my legal situation when i work for both without telling old one.

Also how will someone stop all the services he is taking from old employer without giving resign.

Thanks,

Chinky