H1b Transfer I94 expired

simy

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have applied for my H1B transfer on 18th Dec 2003 and i got my receipt on 1st jan 2004 with notice date 31st Dec 2003.

And my previous h1b and i-94 expired on 31st dec 2003.

Now becuase of very slow processing in CA service center i don't think so that i will get my approval before aug or sept.

So now my question is how long can I stay here in USA and wait for my h1b approval? I heard that you cannot stay more than 180 days for h1b approval if your i-94 is expired.

I will be in out of status if i will wait here for more than 180 days.

Also what if i will wait here for more than 180 days and i didn't get new i-94 attached with my h1b approval. Is it difficult to get h1b stamp from my country?

Pls advise.

Thanks,
Simy

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by simy
Hi,

I have applied for my H1B transfer on 18th Dec 2003 and i got my receipt on 1st jan 2004 with notice date 31st Dec 2003.

And my previous h1b and i-94 expired on 31st dec 2003.

Now becuase of very slow processing in CA service center i don't think so that i will get my approval before aug or sept.

So now my question is how long can I stay here in USA and wait for my h1b approval? I heard that you cannot stay more than 180 days for h1b approval if your i-94 is expired.
--- once you filed H1 extension or transfer BEFORE your I-94 expiry date you are in status till 240 days
I will be in out of status if i will wait here for more than 180 days.
---NO ( it is not 180 days it is 240 days)
Also what if i will wait here for more than 180 days and i didn't get new i-94 attached with my h1b approval.
--- if you get approval notice with no I-94 attached then you have to go out of US get Visa stamp and enter US
Is it difficult to get h1b stamp from my country?

Pls advise.

Thanks,
Simy