H1B Transfer Confusion: Urgent Please Help

nsharma73

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

I am in a very confusing situation: I work for I2 Tech and recently got an offer from another company say "May Be Company", I accepted the offer and they started my H1B transfer on February 15, 04 but March 1, 04 I got an offer from "Best Company" I really want to work for Best Company and I want to accept the offer, can they transfer my H1B from I2 Tech or they will have to transfer from "May Be Company"... what should I do? I don't want to be out of status? Please help

Thank you

NS

Well here is the answer that I got from a professional,

As long at I work with Company A (I2 Tech) my H1B status depends on that even though the transfer to Company B is in process, it cannot stop company C to transfer my visa from A. The catch is I should not leave company A before transfer application is filed.

Hi NS,

I m currently in a similar situation. The only difference is that I have already started working with the new company and cant go back to work with the original company.. I have filed a regular petition for transfer and it will take 2-3 months for approval.

I may get an offer from a third company soon? How does it work then?

AV

Avithani,
Did you talk to the company lawyer before you started your job with Company B. If Company A decides to cancel the H1-B they hold for you by informing CIS you are immediately out of status and will have to goback to the country of origin to get your new H1-B from either companies. You have already taken a big risk. Hope your H1-B transfer petition is not denied or produce an RFE.
Goodluck.....

Dear AV,

Please contact a good lawyer ASAP if you want to join the 3rd company, there is a possibility that you can transfer using a receipt.

Also the transfer is taking more than 3 months right now if you did not use premium processing.

AV, a friendly advice - I know its your personal decision but you should think twice before a change, unless it is a great deal of benefit joining this 3rd company don't add confusion to the situation.

Good Luck

NS

H1 Transfer risk and stamping procedure and timing issue

Hi

I am in a similar situation,however things have not had such complex makings as of now

I am with a company X with an offer from Company Y and i have requested my Premium H1 transfer proceeding to be taken care of .I have the following queries and would be great if i can have answers to the following

1- Is it safe to resign from Company X while the Company Y is filing my H1 transfer and they have promised to do that with in the next week or so

2- I plan to get married in October / November and for that i intend to visit India .As i understand i need to plan properly in terms of getting my H1 visa from company Y stamped so that i can get back to the US without any Issue .What i would request information from anyone who knows abt it is how easy or difficult it is to shcedule the appointment in the US embassy in Delhi and how much is the time buffer i should take in to account prior to scheduling this appearance .( I ask this Q as i need to still work on the dates of my marriage and would prefer both to be taken care in the same go )

I'll really apprecaite if some one can give me an answer on this as soon as possible-- urgently as i need to take a desperate call on this

thanks