H1B transfer and Notice period to employer

vxc

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I am planning to give two weeks resignation notice to my present employer once I get the receipt number from USCIS for H1B transfer under Premium..

Here is the scenario,Lets say If I get the receipt# on Nov 30th. and then I will give two weeks notice to my present employer which is Dec 15th (my last working day with my present employer). What if USCIS approves my H1B transfer on Dec 6th or I mean before Dec'15th. that means I am no longer with my present employer because USCIS approved my H1B. But As per resignation notice I have to be with them till Dec 15th. so at this time theoritically my H1 is with the new Employer but I will be on my present Employer's payroll(till the end of my notice period Dec 15th)..

Does this cause any trouble in my GC processing in future?

Thanks,
vxc

vxc said:
Does this cause any trouble in my GC processing in future?
No, it shouldn't.
you still have valid petition with current employer and you can keep working for them even after transfer approval.

Hi, I got my H1B from F1 2 months ago and just filed the transfer. I just got the receipt number and the case is pending now. My new employer said I can quit the current job tomrorow. What if the case not approved by USCIS? Is it possible? Is it common?

Thanks!