h1b transfer and I-94 (need urgent response)

ak76

Registered Users (C)
hello guys

I have got my H1B transfered and have also received the new I797 approval, but I have not started at the new place. I need to make a travel to India tonight and I have confusion regarding which I-94 to present during departure. my current visa is valid thru aug 2006 and so as my I-94. Should I give up both my I-94's (ie., the new I-94 which came with the I-797)

Can somebody reply soon. Thanks...

ak76 said:
hello guys

I have got my H1B transfered and have also received the new I797 approval, but I have not started at the new place. I need to make a travel to India tonight and I have confusion regarding which I-94 to present during departure.
------ALL the I94

my current visa is valid thru aug 2006 and so as my I-94.
Should I give up both my I-94's
------yes (better staple both and give to airline counter before departure from US(make the copy of both the I-94 front and back and keep that copy for your future records)
(ie., the new I-94 which came with the I-797)
**************** you wrote that your visa is valid till august 2006, I dont know if you mean VISA stamp in passport is Valid till 2006 or H1 approval valid till 2006.
*** if your recent H1 approval is validity is more than Passport Visa stamp then when you come back show your passport Visa stamp AND H1 approval notice you will get I-94 valid till your recent H1 approval at POE

Can somebody reply soon. Thanks...

Thanks Ginnu,

My visa stamp is valid till 2006 and my trasferred H1b is valid longer than that. Hopefully I get the I-94 for the new H1b on my return.