1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1B transfer and amendment together

Discussion in 'General H-1 and H-3 Visa and Related Issues' started by vilas80, Feb 11, 2018.

1. vilas80

vilas80 New Member

Hi,
    My current employer(A) is in the process of filing an H1B amendment as I am moving to a new location. Also I got another offer from employer B who will file for an H1B transfer. Can I have both H1B amendment and transfer at the same time?

I really want to join employer B and does H1B amendment from employer A will affect my H1B transfer in any way?

2. whitemimauz3

whitemimauz3 Registered Users (C)

You can have amendment + plus change of employer petition pending with USCIS. Each petition is decided on its own merits. Whichever petition is decided latest, this is the employer you can work with.

3. vilas80

vilas80 New Member

I am looking to join the employer B. Does my amendment with employer A affect my chances in any way?

4. whitemimauz3

whitemimauz3 Registered Users (C)

As long as you did not violated previously accorded status meaning getting pay checks from your existing employer & you have bona fide job offer from prospective employer you H-1B transfer will approve.