H1b transfer after getting 8th yr extn

basera

Registered Users (C)
!! Gurus !! need your help !! urgently !!

I am currently in my 7th year H1b expiring in Nov 2005. I also got approval for 8th yr extension valid till Nov 2006.
I am getting laid off in Dec 2005. But my present employer is willing to continue my GC process ( labor in BEC) after I leave the company. But they are not willing to give anything in writing ... they are reliable enough though.

I am getting a new job offer in another company.
My question is ..
Can I get my H1 transferred to the new company if they apply by sept 2005 for the transfer?

For the H1 transfer, do I need to have a written letter from my current company that they will continue my GC processing?

Or this is NOT needed?

Thanks in advance.

basera said:
!! Gurus !! need your help !! urgently !!

I am currently in my 7th year H1b expiring in Nov 2005. I also got approval for 8th yr extension valid till Nov 2006.
I am getting laid off in Dec 2005. But my present employer is willing to continue my GC process ( labor in BEC) after I leave the company. But they are not willing to give anything in writing ... they are reliable enough though.

I am getting a new job offer in another company.
My question is ..
Can I get my H1 transferred to the new company if they apply by sept 2005 for the transfer?

Yeso YES

For the H1 transfer, do I need to have a written letter from my current company that they will continue my GC processing?

No need of any letter, if they do not withdraw the LC that is required, but they have to reply 45 days letter etc promptly to BEC.
You can transfer to new company and extend to 9th, 10th and 11th year base on your old company LC. But you must start your PERM with new company ASAP as a back up

Or this is NOT needed?

Thanks in advance.