H1B Time limit

hetal18

Registered Users (C)
I am switching my H1 from company B to A, they send me notice on Aug 6th. I check with INS on the phone about my status and they said it is now taking 15 to 21 days to get H1 approved. Last week it was saying 60 to 120 days and now its 15 to 21, does that mean I should get my H1 anytime from now? Does anyone has any idea if this is true.

very confused

Mine too... I checked the status yesterday online. It said it takes 15 to 21 days. But today when I checked it says to 60 to 120 days. ?????? What is going on.... Should I be worried about it? My "Received date" is July 23rd 2003 and it is H1-B 7th year extension.

Any idea?

Same is the case with me. It said 60-120 days earlier. Then 15-21 days.

Now its back to 60-120 days. Anybody there who can help.

Thanks.

Congrats

Congrats Magyog.

What a day for you. You raised a question in the morning and same evening you got your approval.. Nice...

I'm still waiting.. My received/receipt date is July 23rd and it is 7th year ext.

Guys, My H-1 Extension was recieved by BCIS on June 27th and the reciepts were recieved by my Lawyer(firm) on July 7th.

The status is still 60 to 120 days .....

What should I do now ?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks!

Magyog, Is your application a H-1 transfer or an extension?

"TRANSFER" - Company A to B

"EXTENSION" - Same company

I'm asking this because,Transfers are coming faster than Exts

Pl let us know

Patcha_card,

Mine was EXT with the same company.
Regular Processing at VERMONT.

Receipt Date July 21st

Waiting

Patcha Card,

Your case is discouraging. Your receipt date is June 27th and still says 60 to 120 days is it? Mine is July 23rd and I am checking the online tracking system for update 100 times a day. May be I should wait patiently. My 6th year is expiring tomorrow. Mine is 7th year and hope I don't get any RFE. Just longing to go home for a vacation once the visa is approved.

My receipt no is EAC03216xxxxxxx.

Good luck to you, me and for all of us..

My Extension was approved on 7th oct.

RD Jun 27th
AD oct 7th

The online case status is not updated but I recieved the approval from my attorney

My H-1 was approved and valid from 08/02/2003 to 04/21/2004

I'm planning to get the visa stamped in Chennai in december 2003 and there will be only four more months left on the H-1.

Will they create any problem if I go for stamping in India in this situation?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Mailing Time

Does anyone know how many dates it takes to receive the approved H1. Online status shows my H1 was approved on Nov 10th. So I would like to know when I can receive it.

FYI:- ND June 26th
AP Nov 10th

I heard it should happen immediately. online status says if not received in 14 days contact them, so my guess is definitely within 14 days we should have our H1.

My company said they received my H1 3 days after it was approved. Somewhere around Nov 9th or so.