H1B Stampinng in India

GCcomesoon

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I'm presently in the US & my current stamped H1B expires on Oct-13th -03.I have my new H1B which I need to get stamped.I plan to get my stamping done in India some time in Dec-03

My question is

1) Do we have drop box for H1B re-validation or as I heard we have interviews for all kinds of visas now ? Is it like the poeple for re-validation are exempted from the interviews ?

if that is the case then I have to mail my passport to St Louis for stamping which might take 60/70 days & I will have to delay my India trip

I would really appreciate some advice here.Has anyone from the forum recently gone to India & has his visa re-validated ?Pls share your experiences with me

Thanks
Sandeep

Last edited by a moderator:
what have u decided about the stamping in india? i am in the same situation as you,planning to go in dec...my lawyer said that effective Aug 1, everyone has to go for interview, drop box or not..but i wanna make sure if this is right..did you hear anything from the drop box center in mumbai?

Hi

Hi

I have decided not to for India trip till I get my H1B stamped.I think, I will get it stamped from Canada.

Let me know whats your thought.

Thanks
Sandeep

well i am going to india in dec..can't waste holidays sitting at home; but that apart,i am going to find out from the consulate in mumbai as well as anyone else who got their renewals recently regarding this..plus i have no problems going for an interview(is there is one), as long as we have all the documents and a clean history, i don't see any problem other than reserving an appointment in the busy season of Dec-Jan. the last time i had my stamping was in india too inside the consulate!
will keep u updated..lemme know if anything comes up for u.

Hi

Hi,

I got reply on this from some other post that .Iam told that we are eligible for drop box facility.
Anyways if you happen to go to India, Pls let me know your experience.I will too will update you from my side

Thanks
Sandeep

Sandeep,

I suggest you email info@visa-services.com ( i got the id from the visa services - american consulate website) and ask them..i emailed them; they did say they are accepting drop box, but have asked me for more details on my case..you should do the same.

hey all,i got my H-1 renewed by drop box process at the drop box center in mumbai..it was so easy..just the necessary applications & stuff done and go there..one hour spent there..passport with visa mailed back in 3 days..
www.visa-services.com/usa

a whole whole lot better than sending it to st louis or going to toronto

Thanks for sharing the info.

However, it appears that most of the posts on this site are related to Mumbai. Elsewhere on the same site too, I could find only one reference to successful H1 visa stamping in New Delhi. Since I am closer to Delhi, I am interested in more info concerning New Delhi.

Happy New Year.
VKV

so what ru worried about? go to the delhi consulate website and check it out..don't wait up for someone here buddy..i know my friends did it in delhi recently too