H1B Stamping

ahkhan

Registered Users (C)
I am an Canadian Immigrant working in USA on H1B visa, I am expecting my approval in couple of days. My existing visa got expired.
My consers are:

1. Should I apply my H1B stamping in Canada? What is the probaility of getting query? How long will it take to get it stamped in Canada? What would be the wait time after getting query?

2. Should I apply in Chennai cosulate? how long will it take to get it stamped there?

Please share your experiance..

Thanks in advance..

Hello-
Being a Landed Immigrant it is always advisable to apply for H1-B from Canada.
Take an appoitment for Visa from NVRS website & you will be Ok.
If you are from a country which required you to get registered in US then you have to wait for Clearance for at least 3 weeks (min).
Make plans accordingly. You may go out of Canada for that period & get back to have your passport stamp.

Is therea diff. b/w first time landed immigrant and already landed immigrant?

Hi SAli
Just wondering if there is a difference between a first time landed immigrant and an immigrant who is working in US and wants to go back. I belong to SR country.
I would be landed immigrant in Canada in november and was wondering if I can use nvars to get an appointment for H1 stamping.

You reply would be appreciated.
Thanks

FAJ

Hi! FAJ-

Yes, you can take appointment by NVRS even you are not landed yet but at the time of visa appointment you will be landed immigrant. While applying for appointment always give your day time contact number where you can be reached because they will contact you in a day or two to confirm your appointment and ask you about your residency in Canada...always say "YES" as you will be landed immigrant.
Take appointment ASAP as the dates are almost full for Toronto for the month of Sept/Oct. Also if you apply in Toronto, after your approval you will get visa next day while in Ottawa you will get your visa same day after 3 PM.