H1B Stamping

GCcomesoon

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,

I plan to land in Canada sometime in May/June -2003.Now I have all my landing papers & Visa stamped on my passport.Iam presently in US .I have my new H1B approved.I believe ,I should get my H1B Stamping done in Canada.

I have some questions regarding the same

1) Would this be a problem if I get my H1BVisa stamped from Canada ??
2) Would the authorities ask many questions ? ( My Case is clear & I have all the nessecary paperwork )
3)Where is the American Consulate in Toronto ? What is the process of getting the H1B Stamping ??

I would appreciate if some one could ans my questions

Thanks
Sandeep

Originally posted by srdiwakar
Hi ,

I plan to land in Canada sometime in May/June -2003.Now I have all my landing papers & Visa stamped on my passport.Iam presently in US .I have my new H1B approved.I believe ,I should get my H1B Stamping done in Canada.

I have some questions regarding the same

1) Would this be a problem if I get my H1BVisa stamped from Canada ??
Ans: No.
2) Would the authorities ask many questions ? ( My Case is clear & I have all the nessecary paperwork )
Ans: Yes to some extent but they would be obvious questions.
3)Where is the American Consulate in Toronto ? What is the process of getting the H1B Stamping ??

Ans: Yes in downtown Toronto(few blocks from CN tower).
You need to schedule an appointment with US Consulate, Toronto. It is very similar to the H-1B stamping you had before in
India, I guess if you had one.

http://www.amcits.com/toronto.asp

I would appreciate if some one could ans my questions

Thanks
Sandeep

Hope this info helps you.

Vijay :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had applied for Canadian PR in Aug-2001.I had received my File No in Nov-2001.I got the final approval in Jan-2003.

Thanks
Sandeep