H1B Stamping, Vancouver Consulate

pnrt

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
I am planning on going to Vancouver for H1B Stamping. But due to tight timeline I need to know when I will recieve the passport with VISA stamped .

Does anyone have any recent experience with this? When will we get our VISA/Passport back from Canadian Consulates? is it the same day ? PLease reply .. Thanks in advance.

pnrt said:
Hello All,
I am planning on going to Vancouver for H1B Stamping. But due to tight timeline I need to know when I will recieve the passport with VISA stamped .

Does anyone have any recent experience with this? When will we get our VISA/Passport back from Canadian Consulates? is it the same day ? PLease reply .. Thanks in advance.

In Toronto, you get the next day. In other consulates, I am not sure.....its either the same day or the next day!

h1b visa appointment wait time

pnrt said:
Hello All,

Hi pnrt,
Do you know the average wait time these days at Vancouver to get the appointment for H1B visa stamping? How long was it in your case? Thanks.

I tried for appointments on Jan 25th and got the 1st open appointment in Feb 2nd week. I guess it is close to 2 weeks .
Better than Chennai I think, ttvisas.com shows no open slots until April 2005 for Chennai consulate.

First time stamper?

I just wanted to know if you are a first time stamper. My brother is on his first H1 and I wanted to know if he could go to canada to get his Visa stamped?