H1B stamping question

MSun

Registered Users (C)
I am H1B visa holder and want to go abroad for a vacation. I need to apply for H1B visa stamp for re-enter US. I read through the Nonimmigrant visa application form (Form 156), and one question there is "Has a label certification for employment in the US been requested by you or on your behalf?". I guess the purpose of this question is to check whether you have the intention to immigrate to US. I should answer "Yes" because my company has already filed Label Certification application for me. My question is: what is the impact on my visa application if I answer "yes"?

Any help is appreciated.

No Title

Is this Labor certification for Green Card. Only then you can answer yes. LCA for h1B is not considered as this kind of petition.
156 is a generic form, for tourist visas and student visas this question is critical not for a H1B.

Labor Certification

Thank you jaxen. It is for Green Card. So I need to answer Yes and this is not critical for H1B?

Thanks again.

H1-B is dual intent, so you need not worry

You can have a pending immigration petition and it won\'t cause a problem.

H1-B is dual intent

actually they have stopped using OF-156 form which had this question. the new form which is DS-156 no longer has this question. but in either case H1-B is a dual intent, so u need not worry