H1B Stamping in Kuala Lumpur / Malaysia

ShenSoh

Hi all,

I am returning for H1B stamping in Kuala Lumpur. I am a Chinese female, and I was on OPT, but my company sponsored my H1B working visa. I have all documents, e.g. I129, I797, pay stubs....

I am hoping that I will not run into any issues. Does anyone have any recent experiences? Any help will be greatly greatly appreciated as I am nervous of being held back in Malaysia. I have already begun the job and do need to return to USA asap.

Thank you very much!

Best,
Shen

If this is not your home country, you need to check on third country stampimg. If your employer is legitimate (has a good record of compliance with US law) and you have proper paperwork, don't worry.

In my opinion, the only issue that you may face is the delay due to Administrative Processing (Security check), if they decide to run it on you, and that may take any time between three business days to few months.

You can email the American embassy in Kuala Lumpur and ask them so that you'll have plans in advance according to their response.

Hi Shen,

Even I am planning to get my stamping done in Kaula Lumpur shortly. Please let me know your experience if have already taken the h1b stamping interview

Regards
Sam