h1b stamping in halifax

adittt

Hi,

Can anybody post their h1b stamping experince in halifax,NS.
I beleive visa appointment is not required for PR's.Do u know if visa is issued the same day?

Thanks,
aditt

Depending on which country that you are from, you may need to undergo background check before a visa can be issued. If you are from a muslim country, it might take up to 1 month for the visa to be issued

I have heard that people with Indian Qualifications are being asked to get it stamped in home country, does it also apply to PR's. and also can we apply for B2 visa immediately if H1 gets turned down for some reason.

How can you show consulate that you are the resident of Halifax. Or can anyone with the PR can apply in Halifax. Please let us know.

I am a Canadian PR who went to the Toronto Consulate about a month ago to get a visa stamp for H-1B.... I had to go through the background check because I came from Malaysia, a muslim country. I returned to the consulate a week ago and was issued the visa. I think they do give special treatment to Canadian PR in terms of processing time.

Background check for H1 visa

Immigrant76
How long did the background check take? it looks like it may have been about 3 weeks? Did they give you a date for completing the background check or do you have to wait until they contact you?
Your experience will be helpful. I need to go to canada for my PR card and also apply for H1 visa to return back to the US.

Thanks.

They asked me to call the consulate after 1 month. So, I did just that. I could have been done earlier, but I'm not sure.... Good luck....

Canadian PR from Special Registration Countries-H1B Visa stamp in Toronto

Anybody who is a Canadian PR from Special Registration countires has any experience in getting H1B stamp from Toronoto or any Canadian consulate, please post your experience here. I am from a special registration country and a landed immigrant in Canada, would like to apply for H1B visa from Canada. The reason behind this is, it takes more than 6 months to get approved of H1b from my country. I would like to visit my home but would like to have my H1B stamped as I plan to get married and get my wife on H4. Thanks a lot for your response. Please post your experience regarding:

1. Any prob in the consulate.
2. How long does it take for them to issue the visa.
3. Do you need to make any previous appointment.
4. Do you need to carry any special papers.

muntasir

You need to make an appointment with the relevant consulate/embassy. Go to the web site below for info

https://www.nvars.com/use/

I called them up for appointment and the person I talked to told me that it can take up to 60 days for the background/securiyy check. You can get stuck in canada for that time. I am still debating when to go.

Thanks Zamana. I guess your reply is bery true and that is very alarming for me. Becuase I am working in USA now and I have to come back way before 60 days. Some people say automatic validation works and some say no. If I think it does not work, then I have to use my AP to come back and in that case there is no point of getting the H1B visa stamp after I use the AP. Am I sounding confusing? Or I should say, can anybody tell me whether that H1B visa stamp will be valid or not? Thanks a lot.

muntasir