H1B stamping in chennai

ImmigrantPA

Hi all,

I am in INDIA and i got my H1B this week. I am planning to go for stamping.
Whats the current status of H1B stamping. Can i use the drop box, if so how much time they are taking to process it. This is my first H1, so do i need to take the appointment to appear for personal interview. If so what are they going to ask in the interview..

Can anybody please share your experiences...

Thanks

Right now i am in India. I came here for H1b stamping. I submitted my application thru drop-box for chennai consulate. After three weeks I was called for interview and I was taken finger prints for security checks. This was very shocking experince to me. But I see this is not common to everyone. Some of them are getting visas pretty cool way. So consider this isssue before u come to India. You can be one those unlucky people who are subjected to security checks which can take upto 6-8 weeks.

Guys, others plz post their experiences related to this finger printing at chennai consulate. Thank you.

if someone wants to know more about this pld dont' hesitate to contact me at dell22d@hotmail.com

That is quite strange.. Hope all goes well for you.

The mandatory interviews after july 14 are applicable to H1B cases as well?

Has anyone gone thru finger printing in Delhi consulate. How much time does the security check takes.

My H1B Visa revalidation was refused under section 221(g) from DC, I am worried if in the interview at Delhi they would ask for finger printing (how long does it typically take).

Thanks in advance.

1st time H-1B Stamping Chennai Consulate

Hi All,

My wife has been approved with her H-1B lastweek. We have taken up an appoinment for her in Chennai Consulate 1st week of Feb. I would be more than happy to share any updates, pls keep posting on this thread.

She is in Inida, this is her 1st visit to the consulate. Her H-1B got approved from Texas Service Centre. I was amazed to see a msg for her case status stating that they even informed the appropriate consulate regarding her H-1B approval.

Anyone has any info, please share with us.