H1B stamp still valid on passport with previous employer-Is it valid re-entering US??

snandi76

Hello,

I have a H1B stamp on my passport which is valid till April 2007 but was issued while I was working for my previous employer. Recently I have changed my employer and have received a new I-797/I-94, H1B approval
notice for my present employer which is valid till August 2009. Can I re-enter to the US (after visiting Canada) without re-issuing a new H1B stamp on my
passport for the present employer? If not, please advise if I can issue an H1B stamp on my passport via the US Department of State and if so, what would be the legal procedure to obtain that.

Please advise if anyone has previously faced this type of situation and had gained experience.

It will be a big help as I am planning to visit Canada this Christmas Season. Please advise as quickly as possibly.

Thank you.
Best wishes.

Raj.

You are good to re-enter US with your previous company's stamped visa (not expired) and new approval notice. I have done that last year. I have visited India and came back. US deparment of state no longer have that service.