H1B Staming in Mexico

Monika M

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,
My case is F1->H1. I have to go to Mexico or Canada for my H1B stamping. After the Sept 11 events, I am little bit scared. Did anyone of you guys went to Mexico for stamping in last 1-3 months? Please post your experiences if you have. Also I heard there are now some new rules, like you have to take Mexico visa before you can enter Mexico, is that true. Please tell me if there are any new rules. Is there any preference between Mexico and Canada? Your help is really appreciated. I need to go there as soon as possible.
Have a great day.
Thank You.

Monika

Same question - H1B stamping preferable in Canada or Mexico or Bombay

Hello folks,
I\'m in a similar situation, F1 --> H1B. In light of sept 11 events, is it preferable to do H1 stamping in Canada or Mexico or Bombay? Can anyone share any recent experiences?

Also I\'d like to know if my visa is rejected in Canada/Mexico, can I still enter the US within 30 days on a valid I-94 (but expired student visa)? Do they still allow that? Also don\'t they take your I94 when you leave the US?

Please reply. Your help would be very much appreciated.

Waiting for the same answer too

My case is F1->H1 too. I am also planning to go to Mexico or Canada. Anyway having similar experience please write here.

Thanxs

got stamping

Got my visa stamped from F1->H1 in Mexico on 01/17, with the help of Victor Garcia. No hassle, it was straight forward. I think if you have all the paperwork and you have never been out of status, you wont have any problems. Good luck to the guys who are planning for it.

Thank you Rajeev

Rajeev,
Thanks a lot. You are a moral booster!
I am also going in 2 days ...
thanks again.
a desi

Thanks

Thank you Rajeev. desivisa, Good luck to you. And I will appreciate if you can post your experiences in detail like, what they asked, papers to be taken etc. when you come back. Also Rajeev, can you please post your experiences in detail as well. Desivisa, where are you going..Mexico or Canada. I am also planning to go to Mexico sometime next month. Your experience will be of great help.

Thanks to both of you guys.

Monika