H1b RFE

raj2fly

I applied for H1B renewal in october 2006 as my H1B was about to expire in December. After five months of applying, got an RFE in Febraury 2007 . My employer replied to the query in Mid March 2007. My employer was reluctant to do a premium processing when he replied the query, saying that he doesnt want to take any chances. CSC transfered my case to a field office ( the field office is no where near my employers physical location, not even close to where I live) on April 4th. I guessed that its because of new H1 petitions filed in April. Its been more than 3 months and no action taken on my petition. We tried to convert into premium processing, but the field office rejected it saying they dont accept premium processing in their jurisdiction. So nothing else to do but to wait wait wait. Total time passed since my initial petition in OCtober ( 9 months).

My license has expired in March and the DMV do not renew my license with out a new I-94. Really its been a hell with out DL and still depending on others for necessary needs.

I am tired of telling the story to every one. Why not one more time here. I want to find out what other steps I can take to expedite the H1 Petition. Is there any way around to get the license renewed. Please share your experiences and suggestions.

PS: My wife applied for H1B(new) in APRIL and her petition got an RFE asking to show proof that whether she will be in legal status until october 2007 as her I-94 expired in December(as her H4 petition is also pending due to RFE on my H1B). Attached the receipts and everything when she applied. From the documents attached cant they figure out that H4 petition is pending and she is in legal status. Kinda pissed me off.

Any valuable suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Talk to your employer and explain the need. Tell him that you will pay the premium processing fee --- you need premium processing to get a response immediately.

I already mentioned in my post that the field office rejected the PP application saying that they are not allowed to accept I-907 in their jurisdiction. I need to know how to expedite the process other than premium processing and how to aquire a drivers license.

Talk to your employer and explain the need. Tell him that you will pay the premium processing fee --- you need premium processing to get a response immediately.

Posted by me
We tried to convert into premium processing, but the field office rejected it saying they dont accept premium processing in their jurisdiction. So nothing else to do but to wait wait wait.

You cannot do much except to wait. In my opinion, it is about time for your case to be processed. I think it should be anytime now. What I have heard before is 3-4 months processing time is quite normal.

Did you reply to your wife's RFE? If not, you should reply mentioning the fact that she is in valid legal status since your application is pending. Attach all the receipts. More evidence is better as far as RFE's are concerned.