H1B revalidation stamping - chennai recently

yog_23

Registered Users (C)
Anyone got their H1B extension stamped in chennai recently. I haven't been there for last 5 yrs and planning to travel back to India next month....appretiate any inputs... :)

Thank you
Yog

I am in the same boat as you.

Read below:

I came to US in

January, 2001.
Graduated in Jan 2004. (I had Semester break in between)
OPT started from Feb 2004 to Feb 2005.
Started working for a software company on OPT from July, 2004 to Current.

1st H1b started from Oct 2004 to Oct 2007
2nd H1b started from Oct 2007 to Oct 2010

My passport has F1 stamping. Visited India in Apr 2003 on F1.

I was not a bench even for single day (One project and still surviving).

I am planning to go to India and I need to go to visa stamping in Chennai.

My priority date for 485 is Mar 2005. I-140 yet to be approved. 485 applied in July, 2007 and waiting. My employer didnt's apply for AP or EAD.

My employer said not to talk about 485 in the interview unless VO specifically asks.

My visa on F1 was rejected three times from Aug 2000 to Dec 2000 and finally got in Jan 2004.

Is there any reason why I may not get H1B stamping in Chennai? what are my odds of not getting visa stamping?

- Jingi

Although H-1B visa permits dual intent, I would not talk about GC process unless asked. I think, you may not be asked about it as you haven't complete 6 years on H-1B. However, somehwere in the visa application form (DS-156 or DS-157) you have to write 'yes' for the question: 'Have someone filed an immigrant petition for you?' This is as per your I-140 filing.

As along as the visa officer will think a well documented application is genuine (not fraud), I would think it stands a good chance for approval.

Last edited by a moderator: