H1B Revalidation Rejected.. PLEASE HELP!!

snvishwa

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I had sent my passport for revalidation to St. Louis during first week of January with all the docs. I got it back today, But it got rejected due to photo. It says, the photo which I sent is "unacceptable" and I should send a new one with a light background. And it asks me to send the application again with 156, 157 and a different photo to Washington D.C.

I was planning on a vacation to India this April, but I dont know what to do now!! Does anyone know how much time it takes to get it revaled in D.C?

Please help, your suggestions are appreciated.

Reg.

see the tracker thread on revals... U can also get the same visa revalidated in the US consulate outside US. The doc requirements are not different from the requirements of St. Louis for a visa renewal, revalidation

8-10 weeks atleast by one account.

dont get trapped in the revalidation process with a travel deadline coming up...now with a possibility of war if the alerts go up the office might get shut down for some time which could mean more delays.

H1B revalidation rejected...

Thanks guys, yes, I agree that with the possiblity of the war coming up, the consulate in India might get shut down.. who knows?? So it may be better for me to try either Tijuana, Mexico or Washington D.C

Please advice... Also I could not find the tracker for the Washington D.C revalidation. Does any of you have any pointers?

Thanks

Its the same Revalidation tracker for St.louis. I will still say, send the new photo ASAP to DC. It will not take more than 2-3 weeks. Its better than going out of US and may have a chance of getting rejected.

khush,

thanks a lot for ur suggestion. i think i will do the same. it helped a lot to hear ur advice.