H1B renewal

nkv

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I finished my masters in the US and then was on OPT for an year and then joined company A and got my H1B visa approved for 3yrs. I have not travelled outside United States at all, which means I do not have a H1B visa stamping on my passport.

Will there be any problems in renewing my H1B visa for the next 3 more years(having said that I do not have a H1B stamp on it. Also I have my GC in process by my company). And who does the renewal and how do you do that ?

And can I legally stay in the US for the full quota of 6yrs without having the H1B visa stamp on my passport? Ideally I do not want to travel outside US, till my GC is approved. Is that possible ?

Thanks,
nkv

Hi,
I finished my masters in the US and then was on OPT for an year and then joined company A and got my H1B visa approved for 3yrs. I have not traveled outside United States at all, which means I do not have a H1B visa stamping on my passport.

Will there be any problems in renewing my H1B visa for the next 3 more years (having said that I do not have a H1B stamp on it.
------ No problem you can renew H1 without H1b visa stamp in passport

Also I have my GC in process by my company). And who does the renewal and how do you do that?
--------- H1 renewal has to be filed by your employer with BCIS, he needs to get new LCA from DOL and attaches the I-129 form, and normally lawyers prepare the petition package.
And can I legally stay in the US for the full quota of 6yrs without having the H1B visa stamp on my passport?
---- YES
Ideally I do not want to travel outside US, till my GC is approved. Is that possible?
---- YES