H1B Question ! Help me i am confused

gam400

Registered Users (C)
My situation is very different from others (Atleast to me..just kidding) it has even become very hard to explain....so please be with me...... I was working for Company"X" and i got 2 more oppurtinities from Company"Y" and Company"Z". Company"Y" transferred my H1B visa to theirs. At the same time company"Z" also filed for my H1B transfer thinking that i am still with Company"X". Adding more confusion to this i went to India and changed my visa(H1B stamping ) to Company"Y" and on my Old H1B visa US Consulate stamped "Cancelled without Prejudice". Now my question is what will happen to the my other H1B visa transfer which is still pending with the INS.

Can anyone help me in this matter??

Thanks

INS will adjudicate it.

You confusion comes from the common use of the term "transfer" to your situation. Really, nothing is transferred but you actually have multipe H-1s. The employers should cancel the unused H-1s or they risk problems with the benching rules.

More on this Issue

Thanks for your reply Jim. I have one more question. Now i want to work with Company "Z" where my H1B is still pending. I want to know will there be anything that will stop INS from issuing a visa approval thru company "Z"

I have no way of knowing whether the petition is approvable or not. INS will adjudicate the H-1 petition and determine whether the H-1 should issue. There are hundreds of possible reasons why INS could refuse to issue an H-1.