H1B Pending 221(g) Pink Slip -Need urget Help

flyncloud

Hello,
I attended Chennai consulate for my H1B stamping for my second H1B from current my employer on Jan 11 2008, I received a pink slip saying my application needs further administrative processing. VO returned all my docs with passport.

I replied to Chennai consulate with my answers for all pink slip questions and also sent scanned copy of current employment letter.
As visa stamp (from my previous employer) on my passport was still valid and was not cancelled so I travelled back to US with old valid visa and new I797 from current employer.
Today I received an email from chennai consulate saying I need to send "Invitation letter from US Sponsor supporting your trip to US.".

> Can somebody help me understand what kind of letter I need to get from my employer (if you have any similar letter, please post a sample).

>As I am already in US and working for same employer so what does it mean by 'invitation letter supporting my US trip'.

You help is really appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

I have question on 221(g) pink form. I attended the interview and the officer told me that I am qualified for the visa but they need additional processing. They kept my passport and original invitation letter. they gave me back all the documents with the pink form. I replied to the questions via e-mail in detail with a scanned invitation letter and cv in txt form on 10th of april 2008. I have been checking their pdf online status report and it is saying RESPOND TO QUESTIONAIRE. I was wondering how long it will take the status to aknowledge the receiving of my e-mail to say PENDING PROCESSING or something else.

thanks in advance and any help would be appreciated.
m

Last edited by a moderator:
h1b - pink Slip - 221(g)

Hi,
I have a similar case as you - pink slip,221(g),VO kept the passport. I had the interview a couple of days back so have yet to send the information that was requested. I have a few questions for you:
1. The scanned invitation/offer letter will probably not be in txt format. So how did you send it?
2. Have you received the visa yet - if yes then how much time did it take in total or if not what does the status show up as?
3. Did you try contacting the Consulate/DOS in the process?

I will appreciate if you could please answer the above questions.
Thanks

H1B first time stamping from F!, pink slip 221g

Hi,

I attended my visa interview at the Chennai consulate yesterday and the interview went pretty well. I completed my masters from the University of Florida and he was talking to me about the Gators and he asked me what I do for company and I answered concisely and correctly and then he typed some stuff on his computer and said 'everything on your visa looks good, but I need some further information before we can process it and it'll take 3-7 weeks ' and he gave me a pink 221g.

When I told him I have all of these documents on me right now, he said even if i have everything it'll still take 3-7 weeks. And that he was extremely sorry and I should speak to my employer and explain the situation to them. He said I had done nothing wrong, its just that in some cases we need more information.

I am trying to get all the documents in order, I have a few questions:
1. Under trip itinerary what should I list? I am going to Florida to work there
2. Under Plans after completion of study/work what do I list? Should I say come back to my home country and get a job with an engineering company
3. For the scanned letter of invitation, can I send that alone as a pdf as a separate file and the rest of it as a text document as another file?

Any help or thoughts or comments or similar experiences would help. I am very frustrated and extremely unhappy at this situation and really want to just go back.

Thanks

Pink slip at Chennai on July 31

Very similar to the above post, I got a 221g pink slip too. My case is a little bit different in that I am changing jobs because of a lay-off.

I had some questions --

1. do we need to answer to the questions as separate text documents. for eg. job description in separate txt file, contact address in US as separate text file etc.?

2. also I saw that the invitation letter needs to be scanned as a pdf -- is there a specific format required for the invitation letter because since it is a H1B, my company will not mention in the letter that they will pay for my travel expense.

People in similar situation, please advise me.