H1B or H4 open a business

danielf3

Registered Users (C)
I will try to summarize several forums dealing with the issue of "open a business in USA".

Please, confirm if it is correct or if there is something missing.

Let's see:

Probably the most wanted from the people is:

Live in USA.
Have earnings for living.
Get the Green Card.
Contribute to the country.
Pay taxes.

Summarizing answers from different forums:

Open a business under LLC or C corp. (No S corp., S copra is only for US citizens - recommended from most is the "C" corp. for Visa holders).

The business can be opened from you by having an H1B from another sponsor or having an H4 or from an investor leaving in USA or abroad.

You are not allowed to work for your own company unless you sponsor your own H1B.

You can take only the dividends from the company and file taxes properly.

You need to hire people to work for the company. You take the decisions of your company at the board meetings.

At the end of the road your company won't provide you the Green Card unless you have less than 5% of the company. (When is the end of the road?)

You can't have benefits of health insurance for example unless you have an H1B sponsored by your company.

I will appreciate any new information or correcting the statements if necessary.

Thanks.

Daniel

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You take the decisions of your company at the board meetings.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are of course only decisions affecting the general direction of the company. The day-to-day decisions are not made by the board, but by the company management.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can be the owner on the day to day decisions?

"It seems you never have been at board meetings or shareholder meetings (board meetings are essentially meetings of representatives of shareholders.)"

Some times you make wrong assumptions about what the people knows or not.

Please, asume that we don't know anything.

My question was:

What do you recomend about the right way to open a business in USA.

I saw you provide only answers but with your experience, I will like to heard from you some advises in a summary.

From A to Z what are the posibilities for :

Living in USA with the right visa and having earnings for living.

In the case of opening a business with an H1B or H4.

Thanks for your interest to help people that are trying to live in USA and don't know the way to do that.

Daniel.

I understand but that's the point: how to get the GC?.

And the basic question is how you get the GC opening a business with an H1B or H4?

Any good recomendation?

D.

I don't have 1M and I am already married, so I am still lookig for a job and a posibility to open a business.

Maybe the easy way is by opening a business but at the same time earnings are required to live.

What do you think?