H1B & H-4 -first time

adelkam

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am Canadian working in the USA under TN visa. My wife & son are both on TD.

My company has switched me on H1-B visa on April 2008. The company's lawyer says that I have to go to Canada to get the visa from the US consulate.

Any body familiar with the process?
How I get an H4 visa for both Son & wife in the same time? should I apply now (what form?) or can we get it instantly at the US consulate in Canada as I get mine (similar to the our first time TN & TD)

Any advice.. Thanks

H4 clarification

Thanks, but a little clarification required:

Since I am intending to have all done in one-day trip, can I apply for H4; while I am already there at the US consulate for my H1-B process? (is it quick as long as I process my H1B instantly)

hello there
i got my fist stamping at Toronto consulate on 12th aug 2008,
i didnot have any US /Canadian Exep. not any certification ... but still the interview was cool and they haven t ask uch

1)ask for the approval notice from USICS
ok
2)Support Later
provided by employer
3)any family in USA
not the close one ..friends only
4) how many times u have visited ?
after 2004 every year for family and friends

ok we are approving your application u will get the passport in couple of days

best of luck to all of you

You can get the H-1B for yourself along with the H-4 for dependents together. Please read the website www.amcits.com for details. For appointments at US consulates in Canada, here is the link: www.nvars.com.

Can you point me to the section where it mentions getting both the H1B and H4 at a consulate by appt.

I have been told that a Canadian should get their H1B at the port of Entry (you can't really apply for them at a consulate, you have to do it by mail on April 1 as they are gone after that). The consulate will not take you.

If your spouse is Canadian, then she can get it at the border too.

If your spouses is non-Canadian then you need to setup an appt with the consulate for her after you get your H1B, since the spouse needs to bring a copy with her.

So I am a bit lost as to what is the proper way now.