H1B FP versus I485 FP

valley123

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I recently got finger-printed in Mumbai consulate while applying for my H1B visa stamp (recent H1B procedure). Also, I have a pending I485, which also requires finger-printing at some point.

My question is: Is it possible that the I485 finger-printing will be waived because they have my finger-print from Mumbai consulate? Actually, I **don't** want my I485 approved early due to marriage issues, so I am hoping that I will be called for I485 finger-printing ...

Thanks a lot and appreciate any responses!

re:

dude am exactly in the same boat...

btw, the FP process is the same, but the agency which requests it is different, so the results will hopefully be the same, but the FP process has to be repeated again...

keep in touch, am also looking to get married soon due to my 485 being filed. In fact jus recently got the 485 FP...i jus filed for 485 in dec 2004.

vik

Actually, it seems like the I485 requires FP for all ten fingers. The H1B FP only required FP of the index fingers. So, clearly, I485 will not use H1B FP.

Vik, do you plan to reschedule your FP? What reason will you give?

valley123 said:
Actually, it seems like the I485 requires FP for all ten fingers. The H1B FP only required FP of the index fingers. So, clearly, I485 will not use H1B FP.

Vik, do you plan to reschedule your FP? What reason will you give?
that's the correct answer