H1B For Board Level Position

invistus

Registered Users (C)
I am currently on a H1B with company A. I have been offered a Board Member position at another company, say B. The question is do Board level positions qualify under the H1B program?

Normally a position on the board of a company is not a full time job and does not require a degree. As an attorney if the specific job description meets the requirements.

Agree, that a Board level position is not full-time, but H1B's can be part-time too and one can have con-current H1B's. And of course there is a job description for board level positions - there is a job description for everything, and especially such positions require advanced degree's, its upto the company to create a job description. Please don't pontificate if you dont have your facts right.

Actually, I am rephrasing my question, does anyone know of a precedence.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best advice is to have an attorney review the job description for the position. If it is so important to the company, they would provide the attorney for you.

You did not state it was for a concurrent position. What does your primary employer say about this opportunity? I can only imagine it is being offered because of your experience in the area in which you are working. Most employers would not approve of an employee working for a competitor or someone interacting with competitors.

If you do not want "pontification" on a public forum, don't post.

(I question your competence for a position of this nature based on your postings. You certainly do not have the disposition to deal with people.)

The best advice is to have an attorney review the job description for the position. If it is so important to the company, they would provide the attorney for you.

You did not state it was for a concurrent position. What does your primary employer say about this opportunity? I can only imagine it is being offered because of your experience in the area in which you are working. Most employers would not approve of an employee working for a competitor or someone interacting with competitors.

If you do not want "pontification" on a public forum, don't post

(I question your competence for a position of this nature based on your postings. You certainly do not have the disposition to deal with people.)
I am arrogant SOB, what can I say!