H1B - Financial Analyst RFE

gc_dec_2004

Registered Users (C)
I have a Bachelor's degree in Arts (Eng. Literature) and a PGDBA (post graduate diploma in business adminstration). I also have 2 years of software experience as Oracle financial analyst.

My H1B was filed by a company (company with 10 employees) as a "Financial Analyst". Got an RFE to substantiate a Financial Analyst is a required for this job.

I am an Oracle Financial analyst. But my company folks filed it as a financial analyst.(Was a TYPO here instead of Oracle Financial Analyst)

Would like to have your expert opinions on this

1. Can I have my attorney reply to the RFE stating it was a typo and it is actually an oracle financial analyst. Also finacial analyst and oracle financial analyst are interchangable used (synonymous)

2. Can I fight this case as Financial Analyst by submitting a proof and also submitting new edu. evaluation.

Which one of the above is advisable and what are the chances of approval.
Also please share any documentation you guys have in this regards

Thanks

gc_dec_2004 said:
I have a Bachelor's degree in Arts (Eng. Literature) and a PGDBA (post graduate diploma in business adminstration). I also have 2 years of software experience as Oracle financial analyst.

My H1B was filed by a company (company with 10 employees) as a "Financial Analyst". Got an RFE to substantiate a Financial Analyst is a required for this job.

I am an Oracle Financial analyst. But my company folks filed it as a financial analyst.(Was a TYPO here instead of Oracle Financial Analyst)

Would like to have your expert opinions on this

1. Can I have my attorney reply to the RFE stating it was a typo and it is actually an oracle financial analyst. Also finacial analyst and oracle financial analyst are interchangable used (synonymous)

2. Can I fight this case as Financial Analyst by submitting a proof and also submitting new edu. evaluation.

Which one of the above is advisable and what are the chances of approval.
Also please share any documentation you guys have in this regards

In my opinion, there is no such title as "Oracle Financial Analyst", if you are a fuctional consultant in Oracle Financial just having few hours training you should have qualified as System Analyst/Prog category or Business Analyst.
Financial Analyst is superior position than a CPA accountant position, some time need financial background BA or MBA). Do not confuse with accountant and Financial Analyst, they are two different animals.

You can make amendments on your petition along with RFE

Thanks

I have a similar problem - any idea what kind of an amendment I (or my lawyer) has to make?

There is very little time for me though, so your earliest reply would be most appreciated.

Thanks