h1b filed in jan 2006. still pending. what can i do?

tomcat26 said:
Jimmy,
I mailed a certified chk for PP to my employer yesterday, I took it in USCISs' name, they will probably mail it to USCIS next week, will keep you all posted. I guess things will not happen if you do it the normal, st.fwd way eh...
Jimmy, what difference will it make if you directly speak to the USCIS through attorney conferencing if the attorney himself doesnt know yet, that is, why would they tell you something that they didnt want to (or have to) share with your attorney?
One thing you might want to find out though is which year's quota will you be put in whenever they (find time to!) approve it. Good luck.

tomcat,
I said we can be in the conference to hear what the attorney and USCIS personnel are talking. (this is for those who think they are being kept in the darkness and dont know what is going on with their case.) and since its been 18 months for me and not knowing what these people are talking in the phone it makes me anxious. So just to clear of things I asked him to put me in the conf (as suggested by an attorney from Murthy law firm).

I also advice you to go to murthy.com and mail them your case and someone might respond to you within a week. (Ignore this if you are ahead)

Jimmy

The people at USCIS/TSC premium processing customer service are very nice.
But I have no doubt in my mind that the only information you can get from them is different versions of this statement :

"case pending back ground/name checks".

Good luck to every one, and please share your stories.

Forumites,

Got my I-129 approved after PP... on day 14 (Maan they love their money dont they!!). But there seems to be some sort of error (according to my employer) in the validity period on the 797 so they have sent it back for a correction, which might take another 15-20 days. Apparently, my attorney was also going :eek: by the delay and got the info from USCIS that the security checks can/may get longer if you have visited/lived in/were born in other countries. Is he BS ing, no one will ever know I guess. My case was back after these checks before the PP application so it turned out to be just purchasing 2 weeks of hope. I am still waiting to push the celebrate button till it is all cleared. And to think this is only the beginning... good luck y'all!

~
tomcat

Premium processing will help ?

congratulations on your h1 approval tomcat.

Not sure upgrading to premium processing will help? do you get new receipt number after you upgrade ? how to make sure its upgraded to premium processing?