H1B Extension issue with CSC

ksrinu

Registered Users (C)
I filed my H1B Extension April 2002. I received a receipt for that. But Even now it is not approved. I called 2 months before they said there was a query. I waited all these days but they haven't send any thing.
Again I called recently because my passport is expired a few days before. When i went Indian consulate to get the new passport they were asking me the approval H1B. I told them what is happening they were not accepted.
So My qqestion here is How long I can stay in united states with out an approval of H1B and expired passport?
Is it illeagal to stay like this?
Somebody is gave suggestion that I need to apply for Premium processing. What is the use of it if they raised a query when extending H1B and not getting that query.
And also my 6 year period is ending in couple of months.

Can we complaint to INS why they were not sending the query even after 3 months of raising it.

What is the solution for this.

I think you are safe

I think you can continue your stay as long as you did not hear from INS. Your stay is legal as long as they do have a decision on your case. But it is better to check with a lawyer ASAP.

hi extension at csc

Ksrinu,
I am also in the same situation. My application is pending at CSC since may 24th 2002, my previous H1 and I-94 expired in september 2002 and till today I did not hear anything from INS people. When my attorney called them they told that from the last two months my file is on supervisor's desk for his signature on request of evidence file. I dodn't know when this supervisor will sign on it. Is there any progress in your application status? If you have any update please let us know.

Thanks in advance.
-Varma

csc issue with H1

Varma,

I requested my lawyer to call INS so many times but they always used to say i can't get hold of them.
I was really upset and I told to employer they were not doing. Then my employer called with my help i mean i called INS put conference with my employer which took me couple of ours to do that. Some how I got INS people I only asked them why that evidence of request is not mailed even after raising after 3 months. That customer service guy gave some e-mail and fax number and told ask them why they were delaying. And also he told me he is also going send request to officer.
Then I forced my lawyer to do that by calling 100 times.
Almost after two weeks on 21st feb i saw online case status saying that they mailed it. I got that letter yesterday.
Now I asked my company to send for Premium processing because i need to file for 7th year extension.
So just today they mailed everything with premium processing.
I will let you know once i receive

Last edited by a moderator:
H1B Approval -- taking so long???

Hi! Your problems are pretty much the same as mine. My employer had applied for my new H1B petition on May 22, 2002 at CSC office but as of this date, l don't see any developments of my case yet. It's so frustrating , though. I kept checking my case at the INS web site but it seems like it may have been overlooked or tossed away from the adjudicator's desk.:confused: I don't know what's gonna happen next. It's already more than 9 months. I'll update you guys once I heard the decision of my I-129 petition. Good luck!:rolleyes: :(

h1b extension at csc

Thanks, Srinu! for you prompt response.

I have couple more questions..

1. You mentioned that CS person gave you email id and fax number, is it a personal email address of the that particular officer where your case is pending or is it a common email address? If it's common one could you post it here...

2. What was the evidence that they requested from you?

Once again thank you very much and your input it highly appreciated.

-Varma

csc issue

Varma,

I am not sure about is those personal or common. But with my exp I can advise call that service center number and tell them you are calling from law offices of your lawyer firm name. They don't ask anything. So you ask them why they were not releasing that request of evidence even after raising 3 months. Then he will tell you that fax and e-mail.
Better convert to premium man.
I think these people are looking for money.
About my request of evidence my lawyer didn't send proper documentation for the my stay in india.

Only suggestion I can give u is call and harass your lawyer and INS. It's really hard but you have to do it.

GOODLUCK

h1b issue at csc

Thanks, Srinu. Today, I will do as you mentioned and will let you know if it works out.

Nowadays, I am more worried about my H1; it's because of my driver’s license. Recently my company transferred me from CA to GA and I have to transfer my driver’s license to GA with in 30 days. But, GA DMV officer rejected my application for transfer due to my invalid I-94. I don't know what to do? If any one can suggest me anything to overcome this problem, I will really appreciate it.

Once again thank you very much to all of you for sharing your experiences and ideas.

-Varma

Premium processing after receiving RFE for H! extension

Hi Guys,
Can any one please let me know if premium processing can be done for H1-Extension after you receive an RFE for H1-Extension.
I file my H1-B Extension on 17Th Sep'02 with CSC. Got RFE on Feb, 06,2003. My lawyer replied the RFE on Feb'24Th.
Can I apply for premium processsing at this stage. ???. Please share your experience with me if any of you were in the same situation.
Thanks
Kishore.