H1B extension and company bond

sphynx66

Registered Users (C)
I have two concerns;
My six -year limit ends on June 2003 and my visa is valid only until February 2003. My LC papers was submitted last August 2001 and is still in the state level (NC SESA). I requested to have my H1B extension be filed earlier. My first question is, what will be the new duration of my H1B visa if the extension is approved, four months from February 2003 - June 2003 or 1 year from February 2003 - February 2004?
Although my employer agreed to work in the extension of my visa, I was given an agreement which is bonding me to pay for all the cost of the processing of H1B extension if I voluntary terminate my employment BEFORE two years (48 months). From my knowledge, H1B extension is only in a one-year increment after the six-year limit ends. I have not signed the agreement because I feel that I am in a disadvantage, 2 years vs. 1 year. My employer told me that they can not proceed in the processing of my H1B extension unless I signed the agreement. I already signed a similar agreement bonding me for four years when my employer worked on the processing of my green card. Are the actions of my employer legal? If not, can you cite any article or immigration law and can you tell me what I need to do?

sign it

Even.. i signed a bond..ie; you need u repay
100% if within a year u leave company.

For 2yrs my company charges 40% fees to be paid
back and after 2yrs its free.

So check if you can change ur company to be
more flexible.