H1B Extension after 6 years.

sasimks

Registered Users (C)
My Company applied my green card on June 21st 2004. My 6th year on H1B is expiering on July 3rd 2005. By june 21st 2005, i will complete 365 days of labor certification.
My question is, when can i apply for my 7th year extension ? if i apply now, will INS will process my 7th year extension nowitself? or do they wait until June 21st 2005 to start processing my case.

Please let me know..

To the best of knowledge, one has to complete 365 days after labor application was received in state DOL, even before applying for 7th year extension. I read in this forum some cases who have applied before reaching this eligibiliyt got their extensions denied.
Double check this before attempting. However, your attorney must know this and s/he will guide you.

sasimks said:
My Company applied my green card on June 21st 2004. My 6th year on H1B is expiering on July 3rd 2005. By june 21st 2005, i will complete 365 days of labor certification.
My question is, when can i apply for my 7th year extension ? if i apply now, will INS will process my 7th year extension nowitself? or do they wait until June 21st 2005 to start processing my case.

Please let me know..

GeeSea said:
To the best of knowledge, one has to complete 365 days after labor application was received in state DOL, even before applying for 7th year extension. I read in this forum some cases who have applied before reaching this eligibiliyt got their extensions denied.
Double check this before attempting. However, your attorney must know this and s/he will guide you.
Yes, in my opinion also, send your 7th yr. ext. application after you complete 365 days (June 21 2005). Otherwise it will get denied. You do not have to worry for H1 ext. approval in time as based on the H1 ext. filing itself, you can continue working for the employer for another couple of months after your 6th year H1 expire. Search in this forum for the exact number of days.