H1b Employment Contract

h1bcontract

I am employee on H1B from India. I have signed an employment contract of 24 months with my current employer. On breaching this contract I am supposed to pay 25% of the annual salary to the employer. Employer has changed the salary structure on my arrival to US. In India he had promised me to pay an annual salary of 47.5K, but after my arrival to US he has issued a new offer letter and salary structure. Now, I am getting only 42K as base salary and $2.5/hr is deducted regularly from my salary, which will be utilized to pay me on bench. So, overall if I have projects continuosly through out the year, I will be able to earn 47K. If I am on bench for a month or more, my annual salary will be automatically on the lower side with salary what was offered in India. I have also seen that if an employee is on bench for more than 1 month, the employer credits the salary to the employee’s bank account and asks the employee to return it back on the next day. All these seem to be very fishy and have given me an insecure feeling about my career.
Now I have received a better employment offer and my current employer is asking me to pay $15K or else he is going to take up this matter to court. However, on good faith I agreed to pay the H1b expenses spent on me by him. But, he is not agreeing to this and he is threatening me saying that he is going to take this matter to court and will make me pay $16K, which will also spoil my credit history.

Please, help me out to come out of this.

I will post in my blog next week

For the sake of maintaining our discipline,I usually would not respond to an entry unrelated to the topic under discussion. But this appears to be a recurring issue. Post the same question in my blog at the correct place and we will discuss it. Usually, in cases like this, you can get your employer into a lot more trouble then they can you. So be at peace. I will guide.