H1b emergency appointment

baroda

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
for the last week I have been trying to get an appointment on the VFS website for Nov in the emergency category--but all that I can see available is the regular dates in Jan-Feb. Is there any way I can get an earlier appointment--maybe directly calling the consulate?

for the last week I have been trying to get an appointment on the VFS website for Nov in the emergency category--but all that I can see available is the regular dates in Jan-Feb.

Is there any way I can get an earlier appointment--

---- Try vfs-monitor.com and keep accessing the vfs site for appointment dates.

maybe directly calling the consulate?

---- If you can call the Consulate and get an appointment--so can others. The Consulate manges the appointments through the vfs website. If you do need an earlier appointment email the Consulate where you are seeking an appointment and await their response. If you do not get a response within a week, then the Consulate is not considering your request.

---- The request to the Consulate should be very convincing and of such an emergency nature that they cannot overlook the request

Subramanya

Emergency H1 Stamping in Delhi

Hi Gurus, please help...

I have to visit india in sep/oct 2006

I have taken a HDFC Recipt from one of the branches of HDFC bank in Mumbai as i was planning to get my 7th year stamping done in mumbai, but even in emergency appointment mumbai is showing avavilablity of dates in Feb2007.

My question is can I use the same receipt issued in hdfc mumbai to schedule an emergency appointment for Delhi counsulate as emergency dates for delhi are available in month of sep 2006?

Thanks
H

I have to visit india in sep/oct 2006

I have taken a HDFC Recipt from one of the branches of HDFC bank in Mumbai as i was planning to get my 7th year stamping done in mumbai, but even in emergency appointment mumbai is showing avavilablity of dates in Feb2007.

My question is can I use the same receipt issued in hdfc mumbai to schedule an emergency appointment for Delhi counsulate as emergency dates for delhi are available in month of sep 2006?

---- Yes, you can

Subramanya

Travel to India in September or October - H1B Visa stamping

Hi Folks,
I am currently working on H1B (8th Year Ext). My Labor got approved recently and I140/I485 are filed and currently under processing. The H1B stamping that is on my passport is expired. I have 797 approval for 8th year extension which expires April next year. Now my question is as follows - My company is planning to send me to India on an official visit to set up an offshore development team with Infosys partner. When I consulted with my immigration lawyer, he recommended that I travel with H1 documents rather than EAD/Advance Parol document.

When I looked up in VFS site for H1B stamping appointment, the earliest date that is available is March 2007 (Chennai Consulate). As I may stay in India only for 2 - 3 months, I may have to return to US sometime in December 2006 or January 2007. Is there anyway I can get an appointment for H1B stamping in October?

Please let me know any information regarding this, and I truly appreciate any genuine feedback.

Visa Stamping

venram said:
Hi Folks,
I am currently working on H1B (8th Year Ext). My Labor got approved recently and I140/I485 are filed and currently under processing. The H1B stamping that is on my passport is expired. I have 797 approval for 8th year extension which expires April next year. Now my question is as follows - My company is planning to send me to India on an official visit to set up an offshore development team with Infosys partner. When I consulted with my immigration lawyer, he recommended that I travel with H1 documents rather than EAD/Advance Parol document.

When I looked up in VFS site for H1B stamping appointment, the earliest date that is available is March 2007 (Chennai Consulate). As I may stay in India only for 2 - 3 months, I may have to return to US sometime in December 2006 or January 2007. Is there anyway I can get an appointment for H1B stamping in October?

---- Try vfs-monitor.com day and night. Some appointment slot will open that is to your liking

Subramanya

Please let me know any information regarding this, and I truly appreciate any genuine feedback.

Does this still work? I downloaded a trial version a few days ago. The first day it worked ok, after that it kept giving some connect to database type of error. Today it sent me a message sayign trial expired and to buy it to keep using it. How do I know if it is still working?

subramanya said:
---- Try vfs-monitor.com day and night. Some appointment slot will open that is to your liking

Subramanya

re:DS 157 for females

subramanya said:
for the last week I have been trying to get an appointment on the VFS website for Nov in the emergency category--but all that I can see available is the regular dates in Jan-Feb.

Is there any way I can get an earlier appointment--

---- Try vfs-monitor.com and keep accessing the vfs site for appointment dates.

maybe directly calling the consulate?

---- If you can call the Consulate and get an appointment--so can others. The Consulate manges the appointments through the vfs website. If you do need an earlier appointment email the Consulate where you are seeking an appointment and await their response. If you do not get a response within a week, then the Consulate is not considering your request.

---- The request to the Consulate should be very convincing and of such an emergency nature that they cannot overlook the request

Subramanya

re:DS 157 for females

Thanks Subramanya,

1)I am a female and the application does not get completed till I fill in the DS-157 form. I thought that form is only for males--so why do I have to fill it?

2)Has delhi consulate stopped giving passports back the same evening? The option RUSH delivery is still visible--does that mean we can collect the passport after stamping from the courier office before it is mailed out?

3)My appointment is for 4th and I have a return flight to US on 8th --can I get my passport by then?

Thanks

Visa and Passport

1)I am a female and the application does not get completed till I fill in the DS-157 form. I thought that form is only for males--so why do I have to fill it?

---- As of right now everyone has to fill out the form DS-157. This includes even children and even babies. A few years back it was only for males, but no longer.

2)Has delhi consulate stopped giving passports back the same evening? The option RUSH delivery is still visible--does that mean we can collect the passport after stamping from the courier office before it is mailed out?

---- Yes, the US Consulates in India including Delhi have stopped giving back the passports the same day evening. You can try and talk to the vfs office at Delhi to see if you can collect before that date. The option "rush service" is still existing on the vfs website as they have not updated their site to include this information. Hope they do it in the near future

3)My appointment is for 4th and I have a return flight to US on 8th --can I get my passport by then?

---- I am assuming your appointment is on 4th Sept. 2006 (Monday) in which case 8th Sept. will be a Friday.

---- Again assuming your visa is approved, you should receive your passport with the stamped visa by 8th Sept. If you do receive it earlier than that you are very fortunate. If not you may have to reschedule your flight

Hope your queries are responded appropriately. Still in doubt, visit the forum

Subramanya

post your experience

good luck. please post the exact details of your interview experience at delhi soon, will be great help to others like me who are planning to visit soon. thanks for your help.

baroda said:
Thanks Subramanya,

Thanks

check back

Even though Mumbai dates are around Feb - last night around 11 pm EST I saw them go between Oct 2006 and December 2006 - this morning they're back to Feb. All the best!

baroda said:
Hi,
for the last week I have been trying to get an appointment on the VFS website for Nov in the emergency category--but all that I can see available is the regular dates in Jan-Feb. Is there any way I can get an earlier appointment--maybe directly calling the consulate?