H1B cancellation! please advise ASAP

kaneha

Registered Users (C)
How can I know as to if my H1B has been withdrawn/cancelled by the sponsoring company.

Had an argument with my employer some time back and now he says that he sent a letter to cancell my H1b at that time.

He's not telling the date as to when did he cancelled my H1B.

How can I know as to:-
1) What date did he sent in request for cancelling my H1B
2) If the INS has really cancelled my H1B.(In the INS website I put in my WAC # and it just says that my application was approved on such & such date)
3) What are my options

Please any advise appreciated ASAP

god bless.

kaneha said:
How can I know as to if my H1B has been withdrawn/cancelled by the sponsoring company.

Had an argument with my employer some time back and now he says that he sent a letter to cancell my H1b at that time.

He's not telling the date as to when did he cancelled my H1B.

How can I know as to:-
1) What date did he sent in request for cancelling my H1B
2) If the INS has really cancelled my H1B.(In the INS website I put in my WAC # and it just says that my application was approved on such & such date)
3) What are my options

god bless.

USCIS does not update for denials/revokatons. It's H1-B law that H1-b sponsor has to provide you return air-fare ticket back to home with proper notice.

kaneha said:
3) What are my options

Why are you wasting your time unnecessarily? Get a job ASAP, do H1 transfer immedaitely and start working for new H1-b tranfer employer. As soon as you file transfer with latest paystubs, you are fine with satus.

thanks but dont have any new paystubs

and I was on a student visa(OPT) when I joined this company?
Any advise

Does the employer have to give ticket to India even if the employee was on student visa when he joined the company?

I was under the impression that the ticket part comes in only when the employee comes directly from india.

kaneha said:
Does the employer have to give ticket to India even if the employee was on student visa when he joined the company?

I was under the impression that the ticket part comes in only when the employee comes directly from india.

It does not matter about previous visa status of the current H1-B employee. H1-B employer has to comply H1-b regulations. Again, H1-B is non-immigrant temporary work permit. So, when employer does not wanna employ you any more, then he has to provide ticket to home country(last residence before you come to US). Employer is obligated to provide air-fare to employees only on H1 revokation/cancellations, which is required to send to USCIS for the cancellation request.

You need latest pay stubs to do h1 transfer. Well, you submit 2 month old pay stubs too. But it's MUST.

Last edited by a moderator:
lohith said:
It does not matter about previous visa status of the current H1-B employee. H1-B employer has to comply H1-b regulations. Again, H1-B is non-immigrant temporary work permit. So, when employer does not wanna employ you any more, then he has to provide ticket to home country(last residence before you come to US). Employer is obligated to provide air-fare to employees only on H1 revokation/cancellations, which is required to send to USCIS for the cancellation request.

You need latest pay stubs to do h1 transfer. Well, you submit 2 month old pay stubs too. But it's MUST.

If I leave a job at April end and apply for h1 transfer in May then can I still do H1-B transfer with paystubs of Feb and March only (no paystub for April)?

on_h1b said:
If I leave a job at April end and apply for h1 transfer in May then can I still do H1-B transfer with paystubs of Feb and March only (no paystub for April)?

Hopefully, most of the times, it's OK.