Here's my application details:
Regular processing (65k)
Applied: May 20, 2006.
Receipt date: June 1, 2006.
Approval date: Sep 8, 2006.

i have a receipt notice of may 18th and i still havent heard anything yet :(
not sure what the problem is

No Receipt

My H1 was applied on August 18th and I haven't recieved any notice from Vermont about my LIN/EAC#?. Let me know if anybody is in the same situation.

URGENT: H1-B proceesing

I applied my H1-B on june 1st, and receipet date of 16th june. Does anybody have any idea, how long it may take, or should I go with premium processing? Because, I need to go my country for some reason by october, 10th. I'm in OPT now.

kibhattarai said:
I applied my H1-B on june 1st, and receipet date of 16th june. Does anybody have any idea, how long it may take, or should I go with premium processing? Because, I need to go my country for some reason by october, 10th. I'm in OPT now.

Aren't you late for Premium processing now?
You're going out of country on Oct 10th. Today it is Sep 27th, so even if you apply for PP it will take 10-15 days for the approval (assuming you don't get any RFE) and than it will take few more days for USCIS to send your approval notice to your company and than you're company will send it to you.

So, talk to your lawyer and see what he has to say. Because without the H1 approval notice you won't be able to re enter U.S.

My receipt date is 6/13, no luck yet. This is for change of status from F1 to H1 and also extending from my previous H1.

My H1 was filed on May 22, receipted on May 26th. Approved on Sept 28. Regular processing.

justin_t said:
My receipt date is 6/13, no luck yet. This is for change of status from F1 to H1 and also extending from my previous H1.

Approved!!

Receipt # - 06 218 XXXXX
Receipt Date - July 19, 2006
Notice Date - July 25, 2006
Approval Date - Oct 4, 2006

I thought it will take 5-6 months for approval as my friends got it after 5 months. But I am sooo surprised that it got approved so early.

Mine was H1 transfer, from one company to another.

Btw, Vermont is going to fasten up their process and end the backlog by end of Oct. So hopefully everyone will get their approval soon :)

Good Luck!!

H1B Approval Delay

Are there anyone who're still waiting for H1 Approval? Mine was filed in mid- MAY and I still have not recieved approval. What the heck is going on?

joshi1001 said:
Are there anyone who're still waiting for H1 Approval? Mine was filed in mid- MAY and I still have not recieved approval. What the heck is going on?
my receipt date was may 18th and still waiting
m y lawyers thought it would be best to apply for premium processing so i wont be out of status so we did that on monday now still gotta wait

dee2006 said:
my receipt date was may 18th and still waiting
m y lawyers thought it would be best to apply for premium processing so i wont be out of status so we did that on monday now still gotta wait
r u out of status even though if your application is pending? Do you have to go out of the country to get an H1B stamp on your visa before you can actually work?

H1B Approved

Hello,
I am in 7th year extension. Receipt notice date is 11-Aug-2006. My employer filed in VSC. The case got transferred to CSC and I received the receipt notice from CSC. My H1b got approved on Sep 27,2006 and I received my hard copy on Oct 2,2006. Best of luck to all.
Thanks
Akil

joshi1001 said:
r u out of status even though if your application is pending? Do you have to go out of the country to get an H1B stamp on your visa before you can actually work?
my lawyer said 60 days after my OPT expired i would be out of status and yes i will have to go out of the country (not necessarily to my country it could be canada) to get the stamp before i can actually work

Hi everyone,
Wow, it looks like a lot of you are in the same boat as me... :(
My reciept date was May 26th, i still havent heard. So i decided to do premium processing today. I was planning on going to Vancouver to get it stamped and my canadian visa expired mid november and for that reason i have to get it premium processed. I want to get it stamped before november 15th.
I hope we all get it soon! its been a long wait....
Good luck
~ Nikki

nikkib said:
Hi everyone,
Wow, it looks like a lot of you are in the same boat as me... :(
My reciept date was May 26th, i still havent heard. So i decided to do premium processing today. I was planning on going to Vancouver to get it stamped and my canadian visa expired mid november and for that reason i have to get it premium processed. I want to get it stamped before november 15th.
I hope we all get it soon! its been a long wait....
Good luck
~ Nikki
was it easy to get the canadian visa?

I am in the same situation as you guys.
My lawyer said I have to keep my status (leave or attend school) until H1 approval.
But my b/f's lawyer said we can stay to wait even out of status.
So....which one is correct?

auc_jl said:
I am in the same situation as you guys.
My lawyer said I have to keep my status (leave or attend school) until H1 approval.
But my b/f's lawyer said we can stay to wait even out of status.
So....which one is correct?
yeah you are allowed to stay and wait even out of status
well my lawyer said once it is approved if i am out of status then i have to get my visa stamped out of the country

dee2006 said:
was it easy to get the canadian visa?
Dee,

I got my canadian visa during my OPT so it wasnt too difficult. This is my fourth canadian visitor visa so i didnt have much problems. Have you applied for yours yet?

What the heck is going on with the Vermont Center????

Any News? I am still waiting for mine. This is getting pathetic.

H1-B approved

VSC, Regular processing, USA-MS Degree quota
RD June 30, 2006
ND July 5, 2006
AP October 19, 2006