H1B Approved beyond 6 years

dassri

Registered Users (C)
Applied for I-485 on 12/1/00. Priority date is 2/97, receipt date 12/19/00, notice date 12/28/00 and finger printing date is 3/21/01. Got EAD on 3/9/01. My lawyer had applied for H1-B extension on 2/1/01 (extension after 6 years of H1-B). Heard the H1-B approval on 7/2/01. I wanted to hear the I-485 approval though.

No Title

I am also coming to end of 6 yr limit in Oct 01. I do have the EAD and applied for extension.

However, if I am right, you dont loose your H1 status unless u file a W-9 (or something) for EAD to take effect. If this is correct, I am still on H1 status.

What are the advantages of extending H1 as opposed to EAD? What docs are needed to extend H1?

Thanks in advance.

No Title

I don\'t have any clue to the questions you are asking. Please contact your attorney for these questions.

No Title

Thanks. I found the info. fyi...

-------------------------------------------------

IV. AC21 106 H-1B Extension Beyond 6 Years (365-Day Rule)

*In order for an H-1B nonimmigrant to receive an extension of stay under AC21 106 beyond the maximum 6-year limit, a petitioner must file a Form I-129 on behalf of the nonimmigrant beneficiary. The petitioner may be either the beneficiary\'s current employer or a new employer. If the H-1B petition is approved, the petition will be valid for a period of 1 year. One-year extension of the beneficiary\'s H-1B status may continue until a final decision is made on the alien\'s lawful permanent resident status. A petitioner is required to file a new I-129 and pay the $110 filing fee.

-------------------------------------------------