H1B approved after I-485 - help needed please

gvaknin

Registered Users (C)
All,

The wierdest thing happened to me this morning. My I-129 application got approved, 2 months after our I-485 got approved. I have some questions I hope I can get your help answering them:

1. Which is it?

2. How do I go about solving this mess?

3. So what's my status now, LPR or temporary employee?

Any help you can provide is much appreciated,

You case is a classic example of my theory---nothing is lined up at CIS after all this talk, memorandum, and Department of Homeland Security. Your I-129 approval proves that there is no single database in CIS which can check all the application pending for a single person. Otherwise the officer who approved your I-129 should have known that your I-485 is approved already. Becasue of all these inefficiencies they spent time on unneccesary cases doing unnecessary thing.

Talk to your lawyer about your case. According to me, you do not need to do anything but ignore the I-129 approval.

Muntasir, I couldn't agree more. My wife had her H1B denied because of that, and I'm assuming the IO looked at the data base. Mine did not, and caused this mess. The only thing is that we are planning a trip in May and do not want to have problems going out or coming in.

As long as you have a Stamp on your passport or physical greencard you should be ok. Do not sweat on it. Again talk to your lawyer.

and schedule an appointment with infopass again, and stand in line? I thought I was past that..... :(

gvaknin said:
and schedule an appointment with infopass again, and stand in line? I thought I was past that..... :(
gvaknin,

You have to keep in mind that fun (or for that matter tension) never ends as long as you are in the grip of USCIS. :D :D :D

The same happened to a friend of mine in 2001. He just ignored it, as it is not a valid document any more. But you may want to write USCIS about it. Or, maybe your congressman. Even better, your local news media!

Nothing has changed at USCIS - the left hand still doesn't know what the right hand is doing...........

Piss on your H1B1 approval and dry it before you send it back to USCIS.

"So what's my status now, LPR or temporary employee? " You are a permanent dad or mom of Americans if you have kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rolling Hills said:
Piss on your H1B1 approval and dry it before you send it back to USCIS.

"So what's my status now, LPR or temporary employee? " You are a permanent dad or mom of Americans if you have kids.

LOL!!!!

All,

would it make sense to call the USCIS and tell them about it? I mean, I have the 2 case numbers, and tell them that they need to cancel the H1B? has anybody done it in the past? if so, what's you experience?

Thanks all for your answers so far,

Last edited by a moderator: