H1b appointment question

advani

Registered Users (C)
I have paid HDFC fees for appointment.
when taking an appointment online, Is filling of DS-156 online necessary? what happens if any information changes from now on until appointment day.
please help.

Incase something changes from now till appointment date on DS156 do not change this manually on the form by using a pen, it is suggested that you refill an online DS156 and print it out again as the bar code on the DS156 contains all the info you fill in the form.

Consult the local Consulate website for info on this they usually address questions on forms in their FAQ or Visa questions section. The advise you will find there is much more reliable than guesses by individuals on this board

i have done this couple of times....everytime you change the DS-156 online (you should as suggested by niyant4) it creates a new barcode number.....my assumption is that they discard unsused data after every couple of months or so...

so you can fill a ds-156 as many times as you want with different data....its the barcode that will link them to a particular one..

thanks guys
so filing form 156 is a must. there is no way around it to just get an appointment. correct?

You are absolutely right, there is probably no way around a DS156 - if you look at the title of the form it says NonImmigration Visa Application Form.
If you are going for a visa ofcourse you will need a Visa Application Form.
FYI,
Depending on your case or status or situation you might additional forms ie DS157 and DS158 find out which ones you need.