H1b appel has been forwarded to AAO. Now what?

Mavryx

Here's the basic premise:

I have been working for a pharma in NJ for the last 3 and a half years.
When I started we filed for an H1 and received it.
When it came time to extend it for another 3 years however it was denied after a RFE (Request for Evidence) came thru asking for an independent body to verify my credentials.

The company responded by sending a certificate that verified my credentials obtained in the United States, but apparently this was not what the USCIS was looking for and my application was denied.

Since then, we filed an appeal, with the proper paperwork attached and sent it to the Vermont Service Center.

On the 6th of February we received a letter saying that my application had been forwarded to the AAO (Administrative Appeals Office) in Washington D.C.

What does this mean?
When can I expect to hear something?
I've continued working since then, because I was informed that I was leagally allowed to till the appeal was accepted/denied. Is this accurate?
What are my other options?
Can I take a new job and file a new H1?

Thank you so much,

Mavryx said:
Here's the basic premise:

I have been working for a pharma in NJ for the last 3 and a half years.
When I started we filed for an H1 and received it.
When it came time to extend it for another 3 years however it was denied after a RFE (Request for Evidence) came thru asking for an independent body to verify my credentials.

The company responded by sending a certificate that verified my credentials obtained in the United States, but apparently this was not what the USCIS was looking for and my application was denied.

Since then, we filed an appeal, with the proper paperwork attached and sent it to the Vermont Service Center.

On the 6th of February we received a letter saying that my application had been forwarded to the AAO (Administrative Appeals Office) in Washington D.C.

What does this mean?
When can I expect to hear something?
I've continued working since then, because I was informed that I was leagally allowed to till the appeal was accepted/denied. Is this accurate?
What are my other options?
Can I take a new job and file a new H1?

Thank you so much,
I am also in the same boat. The letter mentions it takes 30-60 days. Please mention more datewise details of filing of ext, rejection, date of appeal, date of letter that it was trf to AAO and online status as of date ?

harshy

Here's a timeline of events:

Old H1b expired = Sept 30th 2005
Extension of H1b Filing Denied = October 17th 2005
Filing of Appeal = Nov 8th 2005
Fwd of appeal to AAO form Vermont = Feb 6th 2006

I heard that the normal timeline for H1B appeal usually takes 15months? is this really accurate? or there are some cases longer than this one

I filled my petition of approaval around Febuary 2005

I got a letter from VSC that it was forwarded to AAO at April 2005

Its been 12 months now and counting still the same message I receive at the USCIS Status Page:

Application Type: I290B, NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER

Current Status:

On April 2005, this case was transferred to our Administrative Appeals Office for review. That office will notify you of any further action taken on this case

Its been 15 months now.. still no response nor result from my AAO appeal

I therefore conclude the 13 months shown on websites as the processing time for AAO this year, Its all WRONG and MISINFORM people!

robindecena said:
I heard that the normal timeline for H1B appeal usually takes 15months? is this really accurate? or there are some cases longer than this one

I filled my petition of approaval around Febuary 2005

I got a letter from VSC that it was forwarded to AAO at April 2005

Its been 12 months now and counting still the same message I receive at the USCIS Status Page:

Application Type: I290B, NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER

Current Status:

On April 2005, this case was transferred to our Administrative Appeals Office for review. That office will notify you of any further action taken on this case