H1b Administrative Processing Query

apr1

Hi all,
I recently attended U.S consulate (chennai,india) interview(h1b). This is my first time , i didnt apply for h1 and f1 prior to this. My degree is B.tech(cse).

I was asked to give the photos of U.S employer's office and verified the each and every photograph.It seemed that he didnt satisfied with them.And he asked for all the employee's current status, w2 forms and a letter detailing the project for the next 12 months.He took i797,i129 and all except my passport.
Even he asked me having B.Tech computer science degree why aren't u working in infosys and satyam.
I was asked to wait till the "Additional Administrative Processing" has been completed.
What do they do ,i mean do they put more concentration on checking the details of U.S company or current working company .

Anybody know that how much time it takes and how do they further contact me.
Please help me.

Thanx in advance,

Last edited by a moderator:
Please Put some more deatils like how long you are in H1, have you applied labor or not? Which US consulate ?

asking Photos of Employer's office ? It's stupid. can they ask anything they like?

To me , it sounds like it is another way show disgrace.

administrative processing

Hi Apr1, what happened to your case, I was also in the same situation.Please let me know whether your visa process was completed or still waiting.