H1B 8th & 9th year stamping in Chennai. Need help!!

CT123

Registered Users (C)
Hi All, here are my details. Need your advice/suggestions.

I got my 8th year extension approved last year on a pending I-140 application. This is valid until March '05. Rigth now I am in the process of getting my 9th year approval in a few weeks and that should be valid until March '06. I'll be travelling to chennai soon and will be re-validating my visa...my current visa expired last year. My concerns are:

1. I have never got a visa stamp from chennai beyond my 6th year. Does getting a stamp for 7+ years be a problem. I read couple of posts about this but no conclusive answers. Anyone with success stories in this scenario.

2. Will the consulate consider my 9th year extension when stamping i.e. Can I submit both my current valid H1 (valid until March '05) AND my 9th year extension (valid from March '05 to March '06) and hope that they give me a visa from the date of the visa application until March '06. Will this confuse them.

Anyone in similar situation please share your thoughts and experiences.

Thanks You.

Hello to all of U.

If any of you have any Tax Question. You can post here. Our accounting firm has vast experience in dealing with Immigration related Tax Questions/Problems.

Even if you want to talk to us you can call me on my cell

We file All types of taxes for all 50 States

You can also ask question about New Corporation , Individual tax , Payroll , Pay stubs , Sales Tax , Partnership Tax, Corporation Tax

This is absolutely free service.

Tanveer Ahmad
Cell:718-974-2813

CT123 said:

I got my 8th year extension approved last year on a pending I-140 application. This is valid until March '05. Rigth now I am in the process of getting my 9th year approval in a few weeks and that should be valid until March '06. I'll be travelling to chennai soon and will be re-validating my visa...my current visa expired last year. My concerns are:

1. I have never got a visa stamp from chennai beyond my 6th year. Does getting a stamp for 7+ years be a problem. I read couple of posts about this but no conclusive answers. Anyone with success stories in this scenario.

2. Will the consulate consider my 9th year extension when stamping i.e. Can I submit both my current valid H1 (valid until March '05) AND my 9th year extension (valid from March '05 to March '06) and hope that they give me a visa from the date of the visa application until March '06. Will this confuse them.

Thanks You.

I think you should get it till march 2006. attach both the 797s.

Please post your experience at chennai after u return.

Thanks
Csrini1

CT123 said:

Thanks You.

I know one of my friends wife got H4 recently[My friend is in 8th year H1]. She went to India suddenly and got her H4 stamped in Chennai. My friend got his H1 in US only(Visa Revalidation from State department, St.Louis). Though they asked Ton of papers in the first visit. Company Photos, Client references, Company's w2s of all the employees, Original Paystubs/W2s/Tax returns of all the years etc. He has everything and never on bench. Got H4 visa after taking all these docs.

Don't worry, you will get it and take all the documents(Originals).

Sree