H1B 7th year extension while BEC pending

bharatpremi said:
Gurus,

Can you please help me to interpret this?

I communicated to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US one month back from now and again I communicated within last 3 days asking for 'Request to verify that my Alien Labor Certification application is pending more than 365 days for 7th year onward extension'. Both replied have differed for 2 fields. 1) Cast status: during first communication it mentioned 'Incomplete' and during recent communication there was no field named 'Case Status'. 2) Case receive date: During first communication, they mentioned the date here which is exactly similar as my 'priority date' but this time this field exists in the reply but there is no date data.

Note: 'Case Source' shows 'State' and 'Processing Type' shows 'TR'

Other fields and data contained within them remain the same for both communication.

- Bharat Premi
EB3-NON RIR
PD: July 2003
State: MA

Bharat,

When did you send the e-mail ?? .. i have sent it 3 times, but I have not received any reply from them

one month back from now and again I communicated within last 3 days

kk_kk said:
Bharat,

When did you send the e-mail ?? .. i have sent it 3 times, but I have not received any reply from them

As a logical point of view it should not matter if you do not provide case no. while providing all other requested information such as your name,priority date,employer name etc... But as a burocratic point of view it may be a chance for them not to provide information since they have advised us to provide couple of information in your request email and one of them is case number. If I would be you I would ask my lawyer to bring the case number first.

kk_kk said:
I don't know my case number, but I know the PD Date .. does it make any difference ???

7th yr: no proof of application

I had applied for GC from NY in June 2003 with EB3/RIR.
For 7th year extension I would need acknowledgement from DOL.

However there seems to be no record of this application with
the Philadelphia BEC and they say that the applicaitons would
be lying in the unopened boxes and depending on the work load
they would manually fetch and send the info.

And since NY state never sent out any acknowldegment for
Labor applications - there is no offical DOL record of the
application

Spoke to my lawyer and he is more keen on his fees rather than
discussing how he would do it

Has anyone had a similar experience?

can someone suggest about getting this record and get my 7 th yr filing moving?

Thanks

Try to get the copy of the delivery confirmation receipt

jhelam said:
I had applied for GC from NY in June 2003 with EB3/RIR.
For 7th year extension I would need acknowledgement from DOL.

However there seems to be no record of this application with
the Philadelphia BEC and they say that the applicaitons would
be lying in the unopened boxes and depending on the work load
they would manually fetch and send the info.

And since NY state never sent out any acknowldegment for
Labor applications - there is no offical DOL record of the
application

Spoke to my lawyer and he is more keen on his fees rather than
discussing how he would do it

Has anyone had a similar experience?

can someone suggest about getting this record and get my 7 th yr filing moving?

Thanks

California service center at Laguna Niguel accepts the delivery confirmation receipt from USPS, UPS or FedEx or the older acknowledgement from your local EDD Office (SWA office) for H1B extension. I don't think other Service centers any diffrent. Try to get the copy of the delivery confirmation receipt.

I wonder your PD is june 2003 and you never got acknowledgement from your local EDD Office (SWA office)? :confused:

If you mail or FedEx the packet then you or your employer or your attorney should have delivery confirmation from USPS, UPS or FedEx. That evidence is also good enough to prove that your labor is filed to local SWA.

But I have seen people in this forum they hand delivered the packet and a lady from local SWA office accepted it. I don’t understand how come she did not give him any receipt at least a submittal confirmation with a date stamp. Any government or even private companies does that. They just stamped a paper, a letter head or something saying we received this packet today. :confused:

I remember reading on one of these forums that the BEC are responding to screen shot requests only from the official lawyers. Apparently, many folks used the screen shot request facility too many times just to check on the status.

My lawyers got back the screen shot within 1-2 business days from Dallas BEC.

Can I file multiple I-140s? Is only job offer sufficient to prove intent for I485 ?

Hi GC_from_NJ,

I really appreciate your great insight that you've given me for my previous question. I was curious about something I wish you could shed some light on. I have read in the forums that I can possibly file two I-140s with two different employers but at one point in future I can file ONLY ONE I485 based on the approval of one of the I140s. Obviously at the point i will use the I140 that has been approved faster than the other one because I expect my GC with B will be faster due to PERM and I140 under Eb2 (due to retrogression)

As you know I work for company A and filing another GC in EB2 with company B. Even though due to backlog the labor process with A (EB3) has been delayed for too long, I would still like to continue employment with them because of better compensation and benefits.

So my question is : Do I have to quit my job with A and start working with B when the GC process with B progresses to the stage of I485 filing? or just a future job offer is sufficient to prove that I will be working for B in future? The nature or work is quite similar for both jobs in A & B.

Is it really obligatory to work for B in the future or I can use B's gc approval to continue working for A?

Thanks again,

Kumarash

Here is my situation:
(1) My 6th year H1-b Expires on Dec 2006.
(2) I was with Company A while Company A filed my LC in July 2003. Now I am with Company B. Company B is preparing for my PERM filing right now.

Since company B is moving pretty slow, I am now thinking the possibility of extending my 7 year H1-B using Company A's LC.

So can company B file my 7th H1-B extension using the screenshot of company A's LC?

or only company A can extend my H1-B for Company B? Company A is in NJ. and company B is in CA. which center should A file or any info B needs to give A?

Thanks a bunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need Help Please

Hello Friends,

I got an offer from a company , they say they have approved I140.

They are willing to substitue for me.

My present company LC is pending at PBEC from Oct 2003.(Regional-RIR)

My sixth year h1b will be over by March 2006. My present company already filed for 7th year H1B extension.

The new company is saying they can get three H1 extension based on Approved I140 they have.

I dont know how they can do that, is it possible? please let me know.

This is the message i got from new company:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The priority date of this labor is Sep 2004, and its EB3. There has been
talks that suggest, that both EB2 and EB3 might become current again in
next 3-4 months(so there is no difference between EB2 and EB3 now, even
now both are pushed back to almost same date)

On the basis of this approved I-140, we can do 3 years of
H1B extension.
You will not be anymore dependent on his current GC or labor or h1B(what
ever extension), you will now be dependent on this
approved labor/I-140, and will get immediately 3 years extension on H1B

We will not be interested to apply this I-140 for anyone, who wants us to
wait, and join. very soon, a new law is almost finalized, where
labor/I-140 cannot be substituted.
------------------------------------------------------------

guys please share your suggestions.

Thanks

7th year stamping in India

Hi,
Anybody got their 7th year stamping in Chennai recently? Anybody could share their 7th year stamping experiences in India?
Thanks
ybnyk

maliklongwait said:
Guys,

My employer filed for h1b extension on aug,18,but still I did not get the approval.

How long is it taking to get approval from Vermont Center?

I have applied for my H1B on 9/22/05 at the Vermont Center. No approval yet. Did you get your approval?

I applied on September 26th. Nothing yet. Please post when you receive your approval. Btw, did you apply for 3 year or 1 year extension?

annonymoususa said:
I have applied for my H1B on 9/22/05 at the Vermont Center. No approval yet. Did you get your approval?

7th year H1B ext

I have applied for 1 year extension. I am not eligible for 3 year extension becasuse my Labor is still pending.

Screen Shot with in 23 minutes

Hello Buddies,

I got reply from PBEC with screen shot with in 23 minutes today.

But it was says the following things. I haven't seen any column for about case status. Please advise me what does this mean.

ETA Case Number:
P-0428XX-XXXXX
Priority Date:
12/09/2002

Processing Type:
RIR
Case Source:
Region

Employer Name:
My Company INC.
Business Activity:
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY

Occupation Title:
My Title
Occupation Code:
030XXXXXX

Rate of Pay:
$ 999999/ Yearly
Prevailing Wage:
$ 999999 / Yearly

Alien Name:
My Name
Visa Type:
H-1B

Nationality or Citizenship:
INDIA

Case Received Date:
mm/dd/yyyy

Processing Center:
Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

Thanks,
GC_Dec2002

Need help for 7 year extension

I am nearing the end of my 6th year H1B. My LC was filed in 2002.

I am likely to be laid off soon.

My company has already applied for H1 B 7 th year extension.

My question is if I manage to find another job, can my H1 be transferred to another company who did not file my LC ?

Also can I get 8th year extnsion in the new company ?

Please help me reach these answers. These will help me decide to either stay here in U.S or head back home.

Thanks in advance.

Duration for 7th year visa approval

Friends,
Any information on duration for 7 year H1-B visa approval?

My 6th year approval was recevied in 7 weeks however
heard that 7th year is taking around 4-5 months!!

Thanks.

7th years extesndipn came in 5 WEEKS!

7th year extension came in about 5 WEEKS ! No proof was asked for pending file at backlog center...
jhelam said:
Friends,

Thanks.

7th year H1B ext

jhelam said:
Friends,

Thanks.

I have applied for my 7th year H1B on 9/22 at the Vermont Center. Not yet received the apporval. When did you apply?