H1 visa stamping

ashima handa

Hi,
My H1 visa for residency in NY was approved recently.I need to get a visa stamp on my passport.Any docs who have gone thru this process please advise on documents needed and also where to go for stamping[Canada or mexico]

I have heard of IT professionals getting rejected in Canada for not having a US degree..how does it work for the Med profs
Any help is appreciated

No Title

The nice thing about going to Canada/Mexico for the visa rather than your home country is that even if you are refused the H-1B visa stamp, you are still entitled to come back to the US. I have done this twice already and have not had any problem. Make sure you make an appointment before you leave the US.

No Title

Hi,
When did you file your petition because I am yet to get my receipt no. Will you please tell me how long it exactly took for the whole process. My employer is threatening my contract will be void if I donot get my approval by june 30th. Thanks in advance.

No Title

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. For starting residency, if you are already in us you do not need stamping.You require only if you plan to go out of the country.