H1 visa stamping in India for 7th year extension

sj0407

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I got my H1 extension under AC21 to stay more than six years. The visa stamp in my passpport has already expired. I would like to know is it ok to get it stamped in India as I\'m planning to go next month. Also, would there be any problem if I apply for H4 for spouse if I get married there.

Thanks

You can do it

Sure you can. You can do it any of the American consulates. I will also be making a trip to India on an AP and plan to get my H1 visa stamping. But my concern is about the drop box system which may create unnecessary delays and can you still do it the old fashion way of getting an appointment and getting the passport stamped on the same day.

lets share our info thro email ---here is mine

Hi Friends,

I got my I-140 Approved. My H1B 6Yr prd is expiring in Mid March, 2002. I am planning to go to India and get married. The problem now is
   If I get married before March, 2002, Can I get H4 for my Spouse?

My lawyer suggests that file I-485, apply for H1B ext for 7th year, get it stamped here and go to India and get married. In this case I have the following question
        1. How safe is it to travel with 7th Yr H1B?
        2. Will they (consulate) issue H4 Based on my 7th Yr H1B?

Since you guys are also having similar problems, I thought of sharing what ever info I know with you guys and get any inputs that you guys have.

My email id dedicated for this is sri12_h4@yahoo.com. I will be checking this email id often. Please feel free to share any info to help my situation.

Wish every one of us get thro this issue in flying colors.

Regards
sri12 (This is my immigrationportal user id)

Just Came on Revalidated VISA

Hi,

My H1 Stamping in passport was expired on April 2001. And my Wife\'s H4 Stamping expired on April 2001. Both of us got H1 and H4 Visa 7th Year Extension valid till Nov 2002. We went to India and Got our passport stamped at chennai.

We have filed for I485 on November 2001. Hence in the Form we marked Yes in the question regarding Immigration.

Came back to US on 19th of Jan 2002.

Venkat Ranganathan

Quick Response would be really helpful

Hi Mr. Venkat Ranganathan,

Thank you for your input.
  It would be great if you could give me some info on the following questions.

1. Did you get H1B extension based on I-140 pending?
  2. I heard that when I-140 or I-485 is pending, they will issue H1B for the period of 1 yr until the adjucation.

What additional document you/lawyer attached with your 7th Yr H1B filing to get H1B for more than 1 Yr?
        [Since you said that Your 6Yr H1B expired in April 2001]
  3. After filing I-140, I had also applied for H1B extension based on pending I-140. Since my I-140 is cleared, do

you have any idea whether I would be still getting the H1B or RFE pointing my I-140 is cleared?

I have put my questions, assuming you would have probed this long back?

I would appreciate, if you could share your knowledge in this regard. TIA.

You can also send me the info to my email id is sri12_h4@yahoo.com. Thanks again

Srinivasan

7th Year Extension

Dear Srinivasan,

About your questions
1. I applied for H1B 7th year extension based on my I140 pending.
2. I did not provide any additional Documents. My Lawyer might have attached copy of I140 approval, I485 Reciept Notice etc... I am not sure.
3.I think you should get your H1B approved irrespective of your I140 Approved or Pending.

Sorry I am unable to provide any further Info.

Venkat

H1 extn

i have my H1 extn. planning to visit next month. can i go to chennai consulate personally? want to avoid the delays that would be caused by tts. thanks

Chennai Visa Stamping

I gave all the Documents to a travel Agent who submitted it to US consulate.... The Stamped Passport came back in 7 days.

Venkat

No Title

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help. I have applied for I-485. Wish me good luck.

Regards
sri12

No Title

I got married in Feb. and came back with my wife last week. We both got our visas from chennai consulate. We have to use TT services ( drop box facility) to get the visa. It took about a week to get the visa.

If you have all the documents (petition paper for the 7th year, employment verfication letter, etc.,) it shouldn\'t be a problem.

Hope this helps.