H1 Visa stamping at Nogales on June 19

bob1174

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends,

If anyone of you are planning to attend the interview in the American Consulate in Nogales on the 19th (Monday) please post your preparations here. We can get along and get our visa. I have my appointment at 8:00 am. I haven't got my visa application receipt ($100) yet but talked to Mark and am going to fax the documents today. Not sure about the Visa/permit yet. Please post your ideas about the permit. :)

Regards
Bob

My Appointment in Nogales is on 19th too...!

Hi!

My appointment for Nogales Consulate is on June 19th too.. I live in Phoenix, AZ. Where do you live?

Even I have just left a message for Mark Lehmann if that's the Mark you are talking about.

Do let me know about your program!

Regards,

Aditya

Hello Aditya,

Sorry I have not checked the thread for a while. You are absolutely right. I was talking about Mark Lehmann. I got my receipts long back from him. So I am all set to go now. By the way I live in St. Louis, MO. I am flying to Phoenix on saturday with my wife and probably reach tucson on sunday. Are you attending alone?

My Appointment also on June 19th

Hello Bob, Aditya,
My appointment also at 8.00 am on June 19th in Nogales.
How to contact Banmex for fees ? Please advise. Also, I guess, we don't need mexican visa to go there, right? While making apoointment, they said, it could take upto 3 business days. Is there any chance to get it done on same day?
Btw, I am travelling from Florida.

Thanks
Jay

Re:

Hello All, I do have an appointment on the 19th @ nogales. Plan to get the bank receipt in mexico, any problems with that? May be we could meet up and go together ?? yogi

I am scheduled for the same day (June 19th) at 8AM. i am actually getting most of my required permits/visas done through http://www.mexicoimmigrationconsultants.com/personalnogales.htm

the fee is $450, and it includes transportation from US-side hotel to US consulate in Nogales and back to the hotel. it also includes the $100 visa application fee.

For some reason, the link above is not working at the time i typed this message, but it was working all week long though. i haven't made any hotel /plane ticket reservations yet; still checking hotel reviews around the area ( i read that some have pretty bad internet connection and stuff...)

---E

No visa required as per the other threads.

Hello Jay,

Sorry for not checking the post. According to the other guys posted in the site, we don't need a visa/permit to attend the interview in Nogales. So I haven't tried that one.

Thanks
Bob (rajeev)

Let's get together..

Hello Guys,

So here is list of all that are having the appointment on the 19th,

1) Bob (Rajeev)
2) Aditya
3) Jay
4) Eyabane (???)
5) smarf98 (???)

I am driving from Phoenix on sunday to reach Nogales around 3pm. Also I've prepared a list of all the documents needed for the process from the other posts of successful stamping from Nogales.

1.DS 156, 157, 158 (please fill up 158 and take with you, they do ask in Nogales)
2.Passport I-94 and 2 copies of passport size photo.
3.Banamax bank receipt.
4.I-797 , LCA, Company letter stating that u r fulltime, company offer letter given to u when u joined the company.
5.Company brochure or company profile documents
6.Recent paychecks, I suggest you get you all pay stubs for current year.
7.All I-20s, EAD, Masters and Bachelors Degree certificates
8.Resume (Please take it with you, they do ask for that.)
9.Past 6 months bank statements.
10.All extra certificated that you have

If any of you guys have any aditional input to add you are more than welcome. By the way if you want to exchange the ph. numbers here is my personal email, rajcherukuri@gmail.com. I'll put everyone in loop..

Regards
Rajeev

:)

Sorry forgot to add Yogi to the list. Here is the renewed one

1) Bob (Rajeev)
2) Aditya
3) Jay
4) Yogi
5) Eyabane (???)
6) smarf98 (???)

Also from the other posts, they mentioned that it hardly takes around 30 minutes to get the Banamex Receipt from the back. So you should be fine Yogi.

Regards
Rajeev

Visa Experience

I have an appointment on July 10. Can you guys please post your experiences here after you have gotten your visas.

How about sharing car rental cost?

i will be arriving in Tucson by AA 629 @10:52 AM, and departing Tues (June 20) from same airport at 6:05 AM. i am staying at the Best Western Siesta on Grand Ave in Nogales for 2 nights. I am paying a local company some service fees (cf my early posting) that also cover a shuttle ride from the border to the US consulate, so i am willing to share car rental from/to Tucson Airport, between our respective hotels, and the trip(s) to the border crossing parking lot. if anyone's travel plans fit within 1 hr (at the most) of mine, then send me a private message and we can coordinate the rest.

PS: Rajeev, thanks for summarizing all this. it looks like we are going to be a sizable croud. who knows, we can maybe do dinner together on Sat, once everybody gets there ?

--E

Last edited by a moderator:
Nogales, AZ July 10th

Hello Everyone,

I have a H1-B visa appointment at nogales, AZ on july 10th. Can any one suggest answers for some questions that i have

1. BANAMEX bank receipt; VISA processing/appointment fee (I have an appointment on monday morning at 8:00 AM); how can i get it prior to interview
2. is it necessary to get mexican visa

If any one has the same day apponitment, welcome to join.
I am changing from F-1 to H-1B; I live in pleasanton CA; flying to Tuscon and planning to drive from there

All: My name is Rosie (smarf98 is me).

Here is my email address SMARF98 AT YAHOO DOT COM.

eyabane - Saturday dinner sounds good:) and I would have love to share rental car with you but I am being too optimistic and trying leave for Houston the same night (June 19th).

I will reach Tucsan at 10:57 AM Sun, Jun 18 and have reserved a rental car at Enterprise Rental Car. My return flight is 8:25 Mon, Jun 19th. So if anyone else has a similiar schedule we can rent a car together.

Bob - I have emailed you my phone. We can connect at your convinience.

Is everyone staying at Best Western like me?

Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you:)

Take care
Rosie

Last edited by a moderator:
Just left you an email message

Hello Rosie,

Thanks for sharing the contact details. Please see the response I sent to you. As mentioned I am going to reach Nogales, AZ on sunday at around 2pm. So I couldn't join you guys for sharing the car. I too am staying in the Best Western so if it is OK, we can join for an early dinner on sunday.

For your questions pvankadari

1) Most of us got our BANAMEX receipts through Mark Lehmann. You can have the receipts in two days from the date of sending the money. You can get all the details here
http://www.mexico-assistance.com/APrepaidVisaApplicationFeeInfo.html

2)About the Mexican Visa, no one is really sure about the law here. But from many posts in this site it is evident that the mexican border post authorities allowed people going to the US Consulate saying that they can stay for 72 hours in mexico with out a visa. You have to wait till we come back to know what we all did.

Thanks
Rajeev

h1-b visa at nogales

HI ,

I had couple questions on h1-b re-validation at nogales US consulate,

1. Does it takes 3 days to get visa or is it same day.
2. do we need a mexican visa.

thank you,
terminal