H1 visa stamp after using Advance Parole

AURO02

Registered Users (C)
I used AP to travel from India to the US a month ago. I do have a valid H1 approval notice but the H1 stamp has expired. I received this H1 approval notice a year ago and I am working for the same employer - i.e I did not have to obtain an extension nor request a H1 transfer after I entered on AP. I will be travelling to India in one month to get married. Can I apply for a H1 visa stamping based on this original approval notice even after I had used AP to travel to the U.S?

Thanks.

Auro02

I would appreciate it if someone could post a reply to the query above. I will have to decide on getting a visa appointment soon. Thanks.

Auro02

I recently used my AP to re-enter USA.My lawyer told me that since I had been "paroled" into US ,I have lost my H-1 B status although I could still continue working for my employer based on my H-B Approval.So he went ahead and re-applied for my H-1 B and managed to get me back into the H-1B status.
My suggestion is that while you are in US ask your lawyer to refile for H-1B (based on your prior approval notice),get you back to H-1B Status from the "Parolee" status .Take this new H-1B notice(it will show a new start date but the same expiration date)to India to get your H-1B stamping.
You should probably check with your attorney too,but I guess this will work.

Good Luck.